tom tom phones?

Soldato
I have the Vario with tomtom 5+ installed have to have a seperate GPS unit but it's saved me no end of time travelling to different sites for my job..!!!

Wouldn't be without it now!

And if I was I'd be lost ......lol

Associate
T-Mobile MDA Compact III, HTC P3300,
Phone with built in GPS receiver (SiRF III no less) and TomTom installed out of the box.

Associate
I have an N80 with Tomtom6 - superb. also have a 6680 with Tomtom 5, nearly as good apart from the screen res. Always used to prefer Windows Mobile / Pocket PC, but the phones are so much bigger and now that I'm used to Symbian I'm happy to stay.

Associate
I have a MDA Vario II running TT 6 and it works a treat, using it with a GPS Bluetooth Car Kit and a external Bluetooth GPS Unit. Just need to find a decent powered in car holder with speaker for the Car now.

Soldato
UK government is changing the law around radio transmitting devices. Easiest solution is to bang some MP3's on your phone and your tomtom and have it broadcast the tomtom and your tunes through the radio in your car. Its what i did, works great :)

One step extra is to use A2DP and a compatible stereo headunit, perfect sound quality.

Associate
busterboy said:
They should be in the UK next week according to a UK supplier I am dealing with..

Stay tuned.. ;)

Any news on these yet? Only one seen to date is without the inbuilt speaker and nearly £50 :eek: where as the original one was IIRC £30ish with inbuilt speaker & GPS Charging Cable

Soldato
Vario II, TT6 and a cheap Bluetooth GPS reciever (12 Channels. Not as good as the SiRF III chipset but I've had zero problems with it) running all dandy here.

Got the PocketGPSWorld speed camera database with spoken warnings informing you of type of camera and speed limit.

Back
Top Bottom