Pictures of DELL ULTRASHARP 2007WFP

Soldato
Finally decided to go for the Dell 2007WFP rev A03. Just didn't make sense to spend the same money and get a less suitable screen in the shape of the Philips or Viewsonic. I definitely want height adjust, plus pivot and the s-video input will be handy too. I did toy with the idea of getting the Samsung 205BW for £200 but the viewing angles would have annoyed me, even if it is quicker.

A shame I can't get it from OcUK thanks to the price going up £50 (which I just don't have), or from Dell with their price going up a massive £100, so I'll have to take a bit of a risk and get it from an auction site. Really not happy about those prices rises, surely they were still selling it for a profit at £300.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just ordered the Dell 2007WFP Rev A03 for £299 delivered. I'm pretty confident I've picked the best screen in my budget. Could have gone out and bought the Philips today locally but it's pretty ugly with those speakers on it, and the stand has little height adjust, plus there's enough reports of backlight bleed to put me off. The Sammy 205BW was a good buget option at £199 but from the user reviews it sounds like you sacrifice a lot of quality to save that £100.

Woohoo! Can't wait :D I will have to wait though, cause delivery is 6-8 working days.

Soldato
Whats up with OcUKs Dell 2007WFP prices? First £304, then £311 then £350, then £375, then £335 and now £320, all in about 2 weeks :eek:

If they'd kept the price competitive over that period they would have had an order from me. Oh well.

Associate
I got my 2007 today and it's a great looking monitor, rev A02.

In landscape mode the right hand side is a little lower than the left. The screen will not spin any further to level it up. There's probably only a half centimetre difference, but it is noticable.

Perhaps I'm being fussy, but I'm tempted to ask for a replacement.

A.

Man of Honour
Andy C said:
I got my 2007 today and it's a great looking monitor, rev A02.

In landscape mode the right hand side is a little lower than the left. The screen will not spin any further to level it up. There's probably only a half centimetre difference, but it is noticable.

Perhaps I'm being fussy, but I'm tempted to ask for a replacement.

A.

I thought mine was the same too but by god I got a ruler and measure and it was the same both sides!

Your eyes can play tricks on you :)

Associate
There's play in the bracket causing the tilt. I can rotate the screen right round until it's level, but when I let go it drops down again.

I did call Dell and was told they are happy to replace it, but they don't replace monitors with new ones, they send out refurbs! :eek: I think I'd rather wedge something in the bracket!

A.

Man of Honour
Andy C said:
There's play in the bracket causing the tilt. I can rotate the screen right round until it's level, but when I let go it drops down again.

I did call Dell and was told they are happy to replace it, but they don't replace monitors with new ones, they send out refurbs! :eek: I think I'd rather wedge something in the bracket!

A.

They replace the interior components (so panel and parts etc) but not the casing as the casing is often mint condition but for trading reasons have to mark it as a refurb even though the innards are new - this is what the dell tech told me on the phone :)

Soldato

Actually I was looking at prices and the 22" Samsung panel is the same price as this. I realise its the same resolution, but it does look tempting, although I do prefer the styling of the Dell.

Ho-hum, probs wont get it this side of Xmas anyway.

Soldato
The Dell is a better panel (whether you get the IPS or PVA) than any of the 22" screens, which are all TN+Film are therefore have poor viewing angles. I know it's a judegment call:size vs screen quality though and not everyone will come down on the same side. I was tempted by the Samsung SM225BW too, but user reviews put me off.

Back
Top Bottom