Watercooled Lian Li Silver V2000 - Worklog

Soldato
Ok been working on getting my Lian Li setup for watercooling. Have got around half way through the mod so far as I am doing it off and on after work. So all comments welcome and enjoy :)

System specs:

Lian Li V2000 Plus 2
DFI Ultra D
Opteron 146
1900xt Graphics Card
2 GB Gskills HZ
XFI Soundcard
74GB Raptor in silentmax enclosure
320GB Seagate
Enermax Liberty 620w
2 x Optical Drives
Floppy Drive

Watercooling Kit:

Laing DCC Ultra with Plexi Top
Storm G4 CPU Block
Maze 4 GPU Block
120.3 Thermochill Rad
Acrylic Aquatube Reservoir
1/2" DangerDen UV Tubing

So the first thing I did was to switch the PSU plate around so the PSU will sit at the top of the compartment. Then I removed all the HDD holders and drilled out the little box thing that the PSU would have sat on.

Then came the fun part of cutting a hole in the top of the case for my Acrylic Aquatube, was a pain to do but as you'll see it turned out well.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
And here is the Aquatube fully fitted, looks sweet :D

Then I fitted my GPU and CPU waterblocks and also the Jing Ting chipset cooler I got from the States.

The next task is to fit the radiator into the bottom of the case and the hdd cage infront of it. Then on Monday I am hopefully having the side panel specially cut so I can have a window and a mesh grill over the rad.

Associate
those jing ting things are pretty bling looking, very hard to get hold of though!

good job so far, do you plan to re-drill and re-tap the aquatube to take 1/2" tubing? or are you going to use small-bore tubing around the whole loop?

Soldato
OP
gr1mey said:
those jing ting things are pretty bling looking, very hard to get hold of though!

good job so far, do you plan to re-drill and re-tap the aquatube to take 1/2" tubing? or are you going to use small-bore tubing around the whole loop?

I did think about re tapping it but that would void the warranty and for the price i paid i didn't want to do that specially if i bodged the re tapping. So what I have done is get a 1/8" to 1/4" connector so I can fit a normal barb on the Aquatube and then I am gonna have it as a reservoir like this:

Soldato
OP
Update - 13/08/06

Ok I finally got around to fitting the Radiator after having cleaned the thing.

So here is a picture of the rad mounted:

As you can see there is a big bit of foam that the Rad is mounted on. This is for 2 reasons, 1) it will hopefully stop any vibration the rad might produce. 2) It also makes the rad slightly higher so I can cut a hole in the side panel properly.

Next is a shot of how I mounted it to the bottom of the case, as you can see i had to drill 2 holes through the rear wheels.

The next job was finding a place to mount the DCC pump, I was going to put it in a 3.5" HDD space but becuase of the rails the Lian Li use it wasn't possible. So I mounted it behind the rad which worked out well. Also I have started to install all the tubing, theres also a valve in that pic for easy emptying of the loop.

The next job is to put the T-line below the aquatube and link that to the pump. I have also gotta clean the CPU & GPU blocks, when thats done I can finish cutting all the tubing to size. Then its just a matter of installing all the components and getting my side panel cut.

Soldato
OP
Ok done some more work on my Lian Li.

Here is a pic of it being leak tested, was very easy with the Aquatube acting as a fillport to bleed the system. Unfortunetly when I had done all the bleeding and 24hr leak test I noticed a tube was too long so drained the system, cut the tube and refilled. Now just to put the boot in the cable on the LED light in the Aquatube has broken off so when the replacement arrives I am gonna have to empty a bit of the water from the loop to fit it :mad:.

And today I attacked my Side panel. This is the first time I have ever cut a side panel window so I personally am very happy with the result. I used a 10mm Drill in each corner to creat curved corners and then used a Jigsaw for the straight cuts. Then I had to spend 40mins filling the cuts as one side was quite a ways out from the line I had drawn but the other cuts were spot on.

I have also put the mobo, GFX, Optical, PSU and HDD into the computer now and just have to figure out where to place my Tbalancer fan controller and all my cables. I am waiting on a guy for the mesh for the bottom hole of the side panel then then the mod is all but complete so more pics to follow.

Last edited:
Soldato
looks really nice mate, if you dont mind me asking what sort of jigsaw & blade did you use for cutting the side panel?

ive tried a dremel on a 1mm thick aluminium sheet and its taking ages and i havent got the patience to take a few hours :p

thanks

Soldato
OP
Update 23/10/2006

Right finally I can do an update!!! And its on my watercooling rig!!!:D

Ok after many a set back (putting a hole in my rad :mad:, Scratching my side panel and my DDC deciding to die on me :mad: I have pretty much finished my rig.

Here are some pics of the process:

To enable my loop to work properly I had to cut another oblong hole in the central divider which I edged in black blowhole trim:

Here is my whole loop put together and my Motherboard installed:

Cont...

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I managed to find a shop in Amercia who did Blue LED Yateloon fans and ordered 5 of them. Below are some pictures of those fans:

This is the Rear Fan

These are my 120.3 Rad Fans

The other fan is at the front of the case.

I then decided that the Orange case for my Mcubed T balancer didn't fit my theme so I managed to find some Blue UV Acrylic sheeting and went about making my own case.

I rapped the sheet with masking tape and then traced round the casing I had and used my dremel with flex attachement to cut the sheeting out. As you can see from the last pic the out come was great.

Now I have installed everything but for some reason one of my rad fans isn't spinning, I think its cos my Tbalancer software isn't setup so don't want to show my rig if its not up to its best lol. So will post pics tomorrow of the finished system.

The last thing that needs to be done is a window cut into the new side panel I have ordered, unfortuently it hasn't turned up yet so running with the side panel off at the mo.

Soldato
Hi mate,

Looking to go watercooling with a lianli case, and I was wodering about the possibility of mounting the rad in the top? I have a 120.3 and wondered would it fit?

Problem is I have a shroud and 38mm fans intop of the rad, making it massive :|

Back
Top Bottom