New to Ubuntu Goodness - Audigy 2 line in?

Soldato
Bought a new 320Gb Seagate HDD the other day, so thought I'd give Ubuntu a go.

Well I downloaded and burnt the x64 Ubuntu 6.06 version, and installed it, dual booting with XP Pro.

Have to say I have never been so impressed with an OS install before, was absolutely lightning and easy. Picked up everything as well.

The only thing I am having a problem with atm, is I play my portable MP3 player through the line in on my Audigy 2 ZS. Now ubuntu has detected and found the card, and it plays the OS sounds fine, it doesnot however play anything through the line in.

Was wondering if I can get this to work?

Cheers

Edit - Also I was wondering if I could get the thumb button on my logitech G7 to act as the back button.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Soldato
To have proper support for all the Audigy's features Creative is going to have to first release some Linux drivers. The generic reverse-engineered drivers are doing better on your Creative card than on most but they're still very raw as Creative refuses to release any hardware documentation.

:(

Soldato
I had to recompile Alsa and the modules to get my audigy 2 working with 5.1 surround etc.

There was a big howto over at the ubuntu forums ages ago. Not sure if it applies to the latest version of ubuntu tho. I'll see if I can find it.

Back
Top Bottom