pc-7+ what can i do to it

Permabanned
ok i got the great lian li pc-7+ have it for few months now but i want to do something with it, going to get the window, is there a model of the window where i can get a fan on it or can that easily be modded?what about hdd cage can you make it bigger? i see on the lian li website they have the drive cages for sale and there is one that hold 4 hdd can this be fitted? is it worth it?
look guys you know better than me what can be done to make it different and stand out so suggest away, pics would be great

cheers
nick

Soldato
the first thing you should do is change the stock fans. should make the case quieter and you can get some nice looking ones.

I dont know if there is a window with place for a fan but if you are fairly handy with a drill it should not be a problem to mod it.

Associate
I attached a 5Ved 120mm amber to the mesh bit on the lian li window of mine, using cable ties, very discreet, not overly obvious, and gives a nive bit of extra air onto my graphics card. got 7Ved ambers on the front and back, and stealthed floppy and optical drives. swapped my front leds with blue ones, looks a lot nicer.

Soldato
The official Lian-Li window panel doesn't have a mesh bit. The one you are talking about is a competitor special that they have made up for themselves. I've just ordered one and I have high hopes for it.

Permabanned
OP
i know you can't tell me where you got that but have you got a link to see what it looks like? does it still have the brushed finish? is it just a normal lian li panel that they have modded?

Soldato
Of course I have pictures ;)

LLMeshPanel.jpg

I've ordered this, plus the blower fan which is what it's been designed for.

Associate
Socaddict said:
I attached a 5Ved 120mm amber to the mesh bit on the lian li window of mine, using cable ties, very discreet, not overly obvious, and gives a nive bit of extra air onto my graphics card. got 7Ved ambers on the front and back, and stealthed floppy and optical drives. swapped my front leds with blue ones, looks a lot nicer.

what size and voltage are the led's any idea were to buy them want to do the same with mine

Permabanned
OP
WJA96 said:

LLMeshPanel.jpg

must be the way that pic is taken but it doesn't look straight. andy1 got picsa of it in black or do they not have it in black? where can i get it? have is the name of the side panel or is it just a modded W-65B?

Last edited:
Associate
they definately not official lian-li windows? i thought they were just pre-modded until i saw other places selling them to :/ especially - like you said - they go so well with the blower fan.

waiting for somewhere i can find in the UK to get these panels in stock and i'll have one ordered to :)

hmm need to decide on cathode colours now :D

Associate
3mm Blue LED Information:
Super luminosity
Water clear package
UV resistant all resin moulded for outdoor use

3mm Blue LED Specifications:
Ta = 25°C
108mW
100mA
30mA
0.4mA/°C
5V
-25 to +85°C
-35 to +100°C
260°C / 5secs

Symbol Min Typ Max
Vf 3.2V 3.6V
IV 1500mcd 4200mcd
470nm
20nm
Ir 100µA
15°

Would these be the ones 99p each

Associate
3mm Blue LEDs Information:

Or these £1.67 each. which one blue diffused or clear

A low-cost blue LED available with either a blue diffused lens (Order Code JA27E) or water clear package (Order Code JA28F).

3mm Blue LEDs Specifications:
Specifications:
Luminous intensity IF=30mA: 0.6mcd typical
Peak wavelength: 470nm
Forward voltage max.: 3.3V
Forward current max.: 50mA

Associate
WJA96 said:

LLMeshPanel.jpg

actually, i think you'll find thats the older PC-7 windowed side panel. It is official, and it is what OCuk used to stock. I have one of them on my case. Its definitely official, believe me.

Back
Top Bottom