yes well needing a new psu me thinks

Permabanned
ok going to need a new psu, but what one? going to need a powerful one because i am going to be upgrading to core 2 duo.
heard good things about corsair, either that or seasonic or enermax...havn't heard anything bad about themon this forum unlike hiper or tagan. any other suggestions? what power will i need? i don't want any extra unnecessary cable hanging round my case (pc7+) so modular is better i assume.

cheers
nick

Soldato
nick_lerwill said:
are modular louder than non-modular?
Its minor actually, doubt it will be a problem for you, i shouldn't have mentioned it. ;)

Its got a little 50 or 60mm fan in it which goes on at a certain temp and doesn't go off, not satisfactory for the silent pc enthusiast but it'll be fine for you i expect.
Its probably ok at low speeds anyway, just might develop some bearing noise when it gets old.

Permabanned
OP
Joe42 said:
Its minor actually, doubt it will be a problem for you, i shouldn't have mentioned it. ;)

Its got a little 50 or 60mm fan in it which goes on at a certain temp and doesn't go off, not satisfactory for the silent pc enthusiast but it'll be fine for you i expect.
Its probably ok at low speeds anyway, just might develop some bearing noise when it gets old.
are you talking about the seasonic psu?

i think i will go for the corsair unless there is any major flaws with it for any major advantages of other PSUs

Soldato
nick_lerwill said:
are you talking about the seasonic psu?

i think i will go for the corsair unless there is any major flaws with it for any major advantages of other PSUs
I'm talking about the seasonic m12 series.
Corsair look good but haven't really been around quite long enough to be proven.
Honestly i shouldn't have mentioned that about the m12 series, i'm sure it will be fine. Just as a silence enthusiast i tend to be overly wary of tiny fans. :p

Back
Top Bottom