Mint corsa.

Soldato
Well, I got a reply to my question.

Scarily perhaps, he doesn't appear to have noticed that I was taking the **** and has given me a serious reply.

Guy on eBay said:
hi m8 there is no rust on the arch where the wings are front wright at the bottom there is just a little bit of rust cant even see it really the tyres are bf goodrich 195/45/15 the car sounda really really good it is nice and deep all in all the car is in good working order if you would like to make me an offer or px let me no cheers

Soldato
I don't really understand what the fuss is about?

Some people really aren't computer literate, and type as they talk.

Aside from the slang description, theres not actually that much wrong with the car :confused:

Soldato
Phil W said:

Aside from the slang description, theres not actually that much wrong with the car :confused:

lol are you serious?

I assume with the guy having an ebay account and a car, he is over the age of 18, which by my reckoning means he's completed at least secondary school education. Now, there has been a lot of talk about the falling standards of english classes in schools, but c'mon, are full stops and commas and paragraphs really that hard to use?

Even if the car isn't that amazing, I think it would be safe to assume he'd have a lot more interest if the description was a bit easier on the eyes.

As for there being nothing wrong with the car....well, thats your opinion ;)

Associate
Phil W said:

Yes but does he pause for breath at all? Oh, and its a 1.2 Corsa, thats whats wrong with it :p

Pug

Pug

Soldato
dont quite get the reponse its gotten here myself really :confused:

not everyone who finishes school passes you know? They may well teach it but if he didn't learn it (whether due to not "having the smarts" or through lack of interest) so what? Add to the fact he may have no idea about PCs and i think its pretty obvious why the ad could be as badly constructed as it is...

And my 1st car was a million miles from the quality of my current one - we all had to start somewhere.

Smacks of OCUK elitism a little - careful fellas - dont want to take yourselves too seriously in life...

(Makes me wonder what people would think about the type of person subscribing to a PC forum, and spending time on the internet ridiculing others who cannot defend themselves???)

Soldato
Pug said:
not everyone who finishes school passes you know? They may well teach it but if he didn't learn it (whether due to not "having the smarts" or through lack of interest) so what? And my 1st car was a million miles from the quality of my current one - we all had to start somewhere.

No one is saying his English should be perfect, all they are saying is that if you are advertising something on Ebay you think he would at least have read it through to see if it made sense, or even ran it through a spell checker.

Also regarding the car, you are right my first car was a 1.2 corsa like his. However unlike him I did not chav it up to the hilt. I have no problem with people driving old or basic cars like you say we all had to start somewhere, but do that to it and expect people to think you are a bit of a ass.

Soldato
Lowered suspension (is that to take full advantage of the 44bhp)
Stupid steering wheel
Oversized Alloys wheels
Wonky zorst
Stupid mesh
The two metal things on the bonnet. :confused:
Air filter
Pod on the side on the a pillar
Debadged and delocked on the boot

Think that is enough tbh. ;)

Last edited:

Pho

Pho

Soldato
I think someone should contact him and tell him that he put the 'Now for the bad bits' part half way down the page by mistake, it should have gone at the top. :D

Permabanned
Those wheels on a stock, cleaned Corsa would be pretty good.

Anyway, with regards to 'how to modify Corsas with a smile and a sense of humour', I give you DarrenW's Qustom Quorsa. Total cost so far (including car) is... £27:

202994216_69f1318788_o.jpg

(yes that is a Mahogany fablon stripe...)

202994217_a607b31640_o.jpg

202994214_cca0225933_o.jpg

And he has this stencil for the back:

dw_corsaStencil_resize.jpg

*n

PS: I know that at least Drexel will 'get' the bonnet stencil. Who else?

Back
Top Bottom