10 Random Facts About You

Associate
jcb33 said:
Ah Right, Thought you had one of them things there working on that rigs up a small camera to your brain, was reading about that a while ago, quite interesting..... Can you see into your brain if you take it out?

That sort of technology is still complete Sci-fi, I'm afraid. They've done experiments with cameras wired directly into the brain, but the vision it gave was just a series of large square blocks, 4 or 16, if I remember right, that gave an indication of when something moved in front of the camera. Mine's 'just' a plastic cresent, painted with an iris and pupil to match my real one that's held in place by my eye lids.

Biohazard said:
Don't be so flippin stupid :rolleyes:

I've been asked sillier questions about it, like one girl I worked with who asked me if I could still see things through it when I take it out...

Soldato
Archangelus said:
I've been asked sillier questions about it, like one girl I worked with who asked me if I could still see things through it when I take it out...

Even I the master of questions know that this is imposible.... "Hey everyone lets take our eyes out so we can see better!"

Associate
MiGSY said:
You should insert a small red LED into the prosthetic eye, then you'd look like the terminator. Damn that'd be cool.

I heard about one guy who did something similar using an LED and a watch battery, but it was so uncomfortable he could only wear it for short periods of time. The Artificial eye service used to offer 'custom' jobs, such as 8 balls, cats eyes, fluorescent ones, etc for a fee, but don;t do it anymore because they have a backlog of normal ones as it is.

Soldato
1) I get paid to dress up and sing like Elvis Presley
2) I'm terrified of Earthworms
3) I have a randomly-disappearing acid burn scar at the bridge of my nose
4) I have a blue "Gatecrasher" tattoo on my left arm
5) My Uncle Geoff is the chairman of the F.A.
6) The little finger of my left hand is crooked due to a motorbike crash
7) The big toe of my right foot is MAHOOSIVE! (Socks don't last long)
8) I am obsessed with womens legs
9) I've been on "Calendar" and "Fifteen-To-One"
10) I look like John Belushi from "The Blues Brothers".

Associate
1 - First year of my life was spent behind the iron curtain (Romania)
2 - Next 4 years of my life was spent in Tehran
3 - I was on the last BA flight out during the revolution
4 - I love Alfa Romeo
5 - I work on the 30th floor or a 42 story building
6 - I just bought a house with my partner
7 - I was married at 24, divorced at 31
8 - It takes 2.5 hours to mow my lawn
9 - I hate tube travel
10 - I nearly got kicked out of school for smoking something I shouldn't

Permabanned
1. I'd love to take a bike trip across the US.
2. I want a Wharram catamaran.
3. I have wonderful children.
4. I don't like people all that much anymore.
5. I cba to do anymore.

Mickey_D - if I win the lottery and take that trip I am sooooo going to call by your place for a couple of nights.

Soldato
  1. I don't drive and don't plan to any time soon.
  2. I have four nieces and they all mistake me for a climbing frame.
  3. I like making things look pretty.
  4. I don't like heights. For some reason whenever I am up high I have an huge urge to jump over the edge.
  5. I don't have the patience to read a book. The last one I read was Of Mice and Men eight years ago for my English GCSE.
  6. During the summer I did jury service and sat on one interesting case. I subsequently got in to an argument with another juror during deliberation, he was a complete door handle.
  7. When I was little I had really bad ecxema.
  8. One of my sisters is a lecturer at Sheffield Hallam University.
  9. There is a strong artistic streak in my most immediate family.
  10. I use the words ****, ****, **** and **** far too much.

Associate
1) Im 19 and studying Digial Media and Broadcasting Tech at Glamorgan
2) I'm not a big fan of curry but i'll eat it
3) Most of my sexual conquests have taken place on beaches :p
4) I'm dyslexic but despise people who use their disability as an excuse for everything especially late or below normal standards of work
5) I love to travel and take every chance I can to disapear and backpack around other countries.
6) I like scaring my mum with my plans to visit the middle east
7) I have a bad shoulder from a freestyle sking accident and thus can't lift weights properly
8) My girlfriend has plans to settle down after education, I have no such plans.
9) I'm continually stopped in the street and told I look like Pete Doherty
10) My grandma thinks im gay and doesn't hesitate to tell me

Associate
!bluetonic! said:
Can you tell us(me) the story please? Always intrigued by things like this.

Pretty straightforward, really. I was 17, she was 24, we had shared interests outside of education, became friends through that, became more than friends, and the rest is history. I should clarify something at this point - I should have written 'slept with one of the teachers at my school while I was in Sixth Form'. What I wrote makes it sound like I was sleeping with one of my class teachers. Wasn't deliberatly misleading, just late when I posted.

B&W

B&W

Soldato
jcb33 said:
Ah Right, Thought you had one of them things there working on that rigs up a small camera to your brain, was reading about that a while ago, quite interesting..... Can you see into your brain if you take it out?

sum1s been watchin too much sci fi..

Soldato
flump said:
5 - I work on the 30th floor or a 42 story building

Tower 42 perhaps?

Mr_L said:
4. I don't like heights. For some reason whenever I am up high I have an huge urge to jump over the edge.

That's vertigo to a T. In most cases it's not the height you fear (that's normal), what scares most vertigens is the fact you feel and almost overwhelming urge to go closer and possibly jump.

Soldato
[DOD]Asprilla said:
Tower 42 perhaps?

That's vertigo to a T. In most cases it's not the height you fear (that's normal), what scares most vertigens is the fact you feel and almost overwhelming urge to go closer and possibly jump.
Aye, I get this as well :confused:

Back
Top Bottom