FAO : Drexel - 200SX

Soldato
I remember you posting this somewhere, just found this...

IMG_8369-2.jpg

...and he survived how?

Amazing what some people only get bruises from...

Man of Honour
I bet he was only doing about 45, driving really well and some diesel/a banana/a car on the wrong side of the road caused that :p

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
I bet he was only doing about 45, driving really well and some diesel/a banana/a car on the wrong side of the road caused that :p

Even driven a turbo'd RWD car? Do you know how violent they can be when they come on boost? :rolleyes:

No, neither have I :p ;)

Still, someone who owns a powerful RWD car usually knows what its limits are and I doubt they're going to be ragging it around when the weather is bad.

Shame it had to happen but glad the guy was ok.

Man of Honour
agw_01 said:
Still, someone who owns a powerful RWD car usually knows what its limits are and I doubt they're going to be ragging it around when the weather is bad.

I really need to learn DSC isn't a substitute for not driving with care :(

Soldato
Er i think that you will find that he was driving within the speed limits down a unlit road in slightly dodgy conditions then swerved to miss a large branch in the middle of the road, locked it up and went down the embankment. That was witnessed from the guy following him (Not related, just someone following him) as he sustained head indjuries resulting in short term memory loss. WTF is some of your lots problems posting comments like that? Jesus the guy could have been killed and was VERY luck to be alive, let alone hardly injured. It could have happened to anyone.. :rolleyes:

Don
Skyline said:
Er i think that you will find that he was driving within the speed limits down a unlit road in slightly dodgy conditions then swerved to miss a large branch in the middle of the road, locked it up and went down the embankment. That was witnessed from the guy following him (Not related, just someone following him) as he sustained head indjuries resulting in short term memory loss. WTF is some of your lots problems posting comments like that? Jesus the guy could have been killed and was VERY luck to be alive, let alone hardly injured. It could have happened to anyone.. :rolleyes:

I agree with you here... The attitude some people take to those who have accidents in fast cars- "O, it's a faster car than mine so THEY obviously were too inexperienced to be driving it properly- n00b"

If folk actually took time to read the links posted in the previous thread then this was a genuine accident that the driver couldn't have avoided. A few factors like which tyres were on the rear etc MIGHT have prevented the accident but we've never met the guy, never seen his car etc. We aren't in a position to comment!

Permabanned
Skyline said:

I deffo agree.

Bloomin' Keyboard warriors :D

Soldato
I think I know where that is (the crash), quite a nasty ditch :o

If it is there, it's halfway between a cemetery and (at this time of year) a massive xmas tree place. Not too far from the Hospital either :p

Zip

Zip

Soldato
silversurfer said:
Thats why I dont swerve for bunny rabbits not that I drive a 200sx unfortunately. The car looks like it went through a scrapyard crusher, definetly a lucky guy

If you did hit a Rabbit in a 200sx Wouldnt it get stuck in the intercooler? :confused:

Zip

Zip

Soldato
silversurfer said:
Maybe but it beats crashing thats all I know. I'd only swerve for something more substantial like a sheep and maybe not even that, depends on the road

I dont swerve, I brake and maybe turn the wheels a couple degrees to the out side of the road but i know not to to swerve or move the steering wheel in a sharp motion.
I have had all sorts run out in front of me and im yet to hit anything other then a bird i clipped that swooped at my car :)

Soldato
Yes swerving is bad but a natural reaction. There was a guy on the SXOC a while back that was driving his car with his wife following in hers some birds flew out of a hedge and one went in her window and she swerved into the path of an onciming car and she was killed instantly one of the kids was in the dads car and the other was in the mums and saw her killed... :(

Back
Top Bottom