• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Blimey, a utility to set and retain affinity which works

Soldato
mr optimistic said:
Using this have managed to dump auto processes eg virus scan on second processor with settings automatically applied on start up (providing the utility itself starts on boot up).
Translation: "Using this I have managed to significantly reduce my overall system performance and placed extra stress on the kernel's thread scheduler."

Only set processor affinity for compatibility purposes. It can never improve performance. Ever.

Permabanned
NathanE said:
Translation: "Using this I have managed to significantly reduce my overall system performance and placed extra stress on the kernel's thread scheduler."

Only set processor affinity for compatibility purposes. It can never improve performance. Ever.

indeed :)

Soldato
Gavin said:
I get a alert from avast when trying to download that program?
heuristic analysis probably picks up the fact that it's made to actually alter executable files and gives a virus warning. Dunno if this has an effect on anti-cheat systems like pb or vac...

Soldato
NathanE said:

Thirded!

Permabanned
NathanE said:

its a nice idea for noobs, noob: wow i can run all my games on one core and msn and xfire on another that will make my pc super fast

1337 person: windows will work out which PROCESS (not whole app) to go onto which core at a rate of quick! wow

FORTHED

Back
Top Bottom