Show us Your Linux Box(es)

Permabanned
Hi,

We had one of these on the old forum and since I have got a better camera now I thought I'd show off my Linux boxes and what they do:

Exhibit 1: The Dual Booters

dualbooters.jpg

These machines belong to my Dad, the desktop is a PIII 866mhz with 512MB of RAM. Runs Windows 2000 (spit) and Redhat Linux 7.3 :) The laptop runs Windows 2000 (spit) and is going to get Redhat 8.0 installed on it soon :)

Exhibit 2: The (soon to be) DNS server

haldir.jpg

This is a P166/64MB RAM/540MB HDD :eek: it is going to be a DNS server as soon as I can fit the Gentoo install in 540MB. It runs silently as it is passively cooled. This machines hostname is haldir

Exhibit 3: The Webserver

webserver.jpg

This is a dual PII 400/64MB RAM/8GB HDD running Gentoo Linux :) It has a small LCD on the front so I can monitor its status, it is plugged into a monitor but is used mainly via SSH. This machine's hostname is Lemming

Exhibit 4: The Workstation

valaraukar.jpg

This is a dual AMD Athlon 1800+/512MB ECC DDR RAM/40GB HDD running Gentoo Linux. It hosts the FTP server and is my main machine. Also has a LiveDrive! and HDD Caddy on the front! I need a "powered by gentoo sticker" but I cant find one so Im having to use a redhat one.

Exhibit 5: The Workspace

workarea.jpg

This is my work area, it has an extra machine that is not running at the moment, belongs to my brother and runs Win95 :eek: The pic is a bit blurred because of me wobbly hands :p (fear the blow up chair and wicked speaker covers)

Thats all for now,

Shak

fIREfox

F

fIREfox

ROFL!!

I got a bl00 blow up chair just like that one!!

firefox_desk_tn.jpg

Click for large view

[From left]

Upright on floor: quake2.fisher-online.co.uk, its an amd k6-400 running RH7.3 and is currently in the London Docklands Frontier Internet server room as my Q2 server.

Sideways on floor: claudius.fisher-online.co.uk, a duron 900 running, again RH7.3. Its on its side as im piggy-backing an extra hdd on it as I needed the extra space while testing the Q2 server... its still there but will soon be gone... as will the distro as it'll be going Gentoo soonish. Its primarily a private FTP server but also my Linux desktop.

Lappy: vespasian.fisher-online.co.uk, a p41.8gz duel booting XP pro and RH7.3. ATM im using it mmostly for work as im writing a few websites and testing Alcatel DSL kit under windows and nux... but it also has apache on it and runs MySQL and is where I host and run my ps2 games db :)

Black case on floor: augustus.fisher-online.co.uk, an Athelon 1gz duel booting XP pro and Gentoo [as of 2 days ago] and it my primary desktop... tho I havent finished painting it :p

Monitor: A 19" Sony Trinitron with duel input, one from both claudius and augustus.

The rest of the house contains a freebsd firewall, a freebsd webserver, a freebsd mail server, 2 XP pro desktops and a XP Pro lappy - bt they belong to housem8s :p

Suspended
The Xeons
www.nozzer.org.uk/xeons/

Dual 450/1MB, 256MB, 4x80GB Seagates, 1x20GB IBM, 1x 6GB Fujitsu. Running Samba, Qmail (IMAP etc), apache and NFS install servers...

The Firewall
www.nozzer.org.uk/firewall.jpg

P233MMX, 128MB Fujitsu 1.2GB disk. Running hand-crafted iptables scripts.

The 'Access Point'
www.nozzer.org.uk/freebsd.jpg

P2 350, 128MB, 4.3GB Seagate. Runs bind as well as forwarding my wireless traffic to the wired network.

The Gentoo plaything
www.nozzer.org.uk/ocuk/gentoo.jpg

P3 1200, 256MB, 2GB Fujitsu :( (waiting on another 80GB Barracuda). Serves nothing.

Some more photos of my workspace at www.nozzer.org.uk/ocuk/

Associate
linux1.gif

My humble laptop :p running Redhat 8 and Win 98. PII 233mhz, 32mb RAM, 4gig HD.

linux2.gif

Once I've had a bit more experience, I'll stick redhat on these. PIII 800mhz, 128mb RAM, WinXP and PII 300mhz, 96mb RAM, WinXP

Associate
Tbird 900/128MB Ram/60gig 'Cuda IV/GF2 GTS
My main machine, dual booting slackware 8.1 and Win2k pro

vondi_net1.jpg

vond_pc0.jpg

vond_pc1.jpg

p200/48MB Ram/2gig WD drive
My router. It's currently running the latest version of IpCop, although I might switch it over to Gentoo because I'll need it to be able to handle extra duties soonish. Not a lot to look at I know! :rolleyes:

vondi_net2.jpg

P.S.: My webcam is pants. It's one of those £25 l'espion jobbies, i blame only myself.

Arc

Arc

Associate
Main Linux Box

cm_pic_1.jpg

cm_pic_2.jpg

This is a T'Bird 800, KT7, 768MB RAM, 40GB Segate HD in silent bay enclosure, GF3 Ti200, and the highly important bbbblllloooooo fans all packaged in the lovely CM200 (do we want to start a nix box war between Lian Li and CM in ere like they have in the case mod forum or shall we stick to KDE and Gnome oh and flux). This rig is totally silent due to using a slotbus, silent PSU, 80mm cpu fan @ 5v, twin papst exhausts @ 5v and the blooooo fans @ 5v, northbridge fan and GF3 fan also @5v. Cant tell I hate noise can ya.

This is currently running RH7.3 and will definetly be getting changed to something else, maybe RH8 but prolly Woody.

The Serious Machine

case.jpg

case1.jpg

case4.jpg

This is my XP2000, A7V333 Raid, 512MB PC2700 DDR, 80GB Segate Baracuda IV (the silent one), GF4 Ti4200. This rig again is totally silent due to use of a baybus, but the fans are going to get replaced by papsts soon. This is my main box currently running the living hell of XP Pro SP1 + all those other bug fixes. Used mainly for games to be honest. Need to get some other pics of it as those ones are quite old.

Did have RH7.3 running on it until my old HD file sys knackered itself (hence purchase of shiny quiet cuda IV). I'm leaving RH off it for now until I see what distro I prefer on the linux box.

Add to that my laptop (P4, ATi Radeon Mobile), and the usual old machines that I got lying around. Plus a 486 that I might do something with, maybe smoothwall for me ickle 56K modem needs.

Soldato
Ok, well if I get around to putting my TV card back in (which is if I ever get around to modding it), then I'll dig out my old vid cam and do a capture :) Don't hold ya breath tho cos I am one lazy git! Still an ugly thing anyway...

Associate
heres my little collecton to keep the thread going.

No 1.
rack_mount.jpg

2U rackmount
front_rack_mount.jpg

front of rackmount

heres my 2U rackmount the cabnit is in the making nice alli one
then i can house all my stuff in it. server is used for my LAN evnts runs CS and HL mods at mo bu will be replaced as a BattleFiled server soon :D
also runs my private FTP at the lan at the end of events ;)

spec nuthink 2 fancy just dual XP 1600's 512mb of RAM 80GB speshal edition western digital. running Turbo linux 6.5 server as can;t be bothered 2 install anythink elce now.

No 2.
server_2.jpg

heres my normal file server holding all my files
nuthink fancy, k6-2 500mhz, 128mb of RAM and 20gb hard drive nice and silent so can leave on all time. also turbo linux again

my Main PC will be linux soon just sorting out a few things then it will have slackware running on it.

Back
Top Bottom