Soldato
6thElement said:
Sidi Dominators :D
Those are way out of my price range.

These seem to be decent : Specialized Sport Mountain Shoes

06ShoeSptMtbBlk_L.jpg

Soldato
Hence the smiley :)

You could always try the sneaky go to all your lbs's looking at the shoes and trying on any you like and then maybe look see if they're cheaper online. If you're going to be wearing them for several hours at a time they need to be comfortable.

I've got a cheapish pair of Shimano's MA80's I think they're called. They seem to do the job :)

Associate
SDK^ said:
Those are way out of my price range.

These seem to be decent : Specialized Sport Mountain Shoes

as you're based in Solihull, get down to Red Kite Cycles on Marshall Lake Rd and try a pair on, I couldn't get on with the Specialized shoes (discovered this after I'd bought a pair). Its worth a trip to make sure they are suited to your feet.

Soldato
Giddy said:
as you're based in Solihull, get down to Red Kite Cycles on Marshall Lake Rd and try a pair on, I couldn't get on with the Specialized shoes (discovered this after I'd bought a pair). Its worth a trip to make sure they are suited to your feet.
I pass Red Kite cycles every day.
I guess with shoes it's worth trying a few pairs on to see what suits so I might drop in there.

Associate
Yeah yeah yeah, I wondered how long it'd take for someone to mention something like that.

They're staying on, I ride it on the streets at night (commute) and I'll have as much visibility as I can get thank you very much.

You'll prolly appreciate this tho:
I'm going to put bar ends on it when I get a chance, on risers! oh the calamity! :)

Associate
Phnom_Penh said:
I... Hate....Topeak.

SKS xtra dry on the back and a crud on the front > * tbh.

I've used a Crud on the front before and it was useless, any downtube guard is tbh. Best thing about this topeak is that it turns with the wheel.

I might change the rear tho as the angle on the topeak means that there's not much clearance if you have anything else on the seat tube (bag, lights, bottles etc)

Soldato
cookiem0nster said:
hey ive got a pair of those spesh shoes and theyre dead comfy, well worth the cash!

I've had a pair of the older (two strap) Spesh Sport Mtn shoes for ages. Lasting wheel even with some winter use, though last winter I bought a pair of bargain Shimano boots and they rock :cool:

Soldato
soth said:
I've used a Crud on the front before and it was useless, any downtube guard is tbh. Best thing about this topeak is that it turns with the wheel.
I've never had a problem with cruds, seem to work fine, although i'd go for the SKS front guard over the Topeak (yes I really don't like them :p), problem is (afaik this is the same for both) that they attach using the steerer tube, and they don't work for people who use headset adjusters (like me).

Associate
I've been looking for a new bike for over a month to replace my recently reinstated Raleigh Gritstone (pic : not me or my actual bike). I've had this for years but have only just started commuting in London by bike this year.

I came to this thread for inspiration but you all seem to be MTBers! There's been a few but does no-one have any nice road, speedy nippers? Single/fixed gears? I will soon be recieving delivery of a Specialized Langster '06 in an auction so will post pics soon enough. Can't wait to rip up the tarmac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom