My girlfriend is a smoker

Caporegime
Zip said:
How about smokers that smoke because they are in a self harming mood?

Have a :rolleyes: back

Christ full of generalisations there arent we??. I smoke but i dont do it because i like to harm myself:rolleyes:....its an addiction and quite a strong one. And before you start bleating on about that i should give up...ive tried many times....but to no avail....im going to try this hypno-therapy stuff and see if it really does work

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Spawn said:
Christ full of generalisations there arent we??. I smoke but i dont do it because i like to harm myself:rolleyes:....its an addiction and quite a strong one. And before you start bleating on about that i should give up...ive tried many times....but to no avail....im going to try this hypno-therapy stuff and see if it really does work

Im not saying all smokers smoke just because they are all in a self harming mood.

Some smokers do smoke because they are slightly unstabe and find its something to do when they are in a self harming mood. Like in the way propper hardcore emos slash themselves.

Associate
Zip said:
How about smokers that smoke because they are in a self harming mood?

Not ALL the EMO kids smoke y'know... :p

I do believe that this thread was created by a guy asking for advice, not a smoker bashing thread. My advice would be, if it annoys you, its usually the little things that mount up in a relationship that turn things sour. Bear that in mind, if you really want to continue with the relationship.

Permabanned
Next time she lights one up, spray her with a fire extinguisher. Works a dream

I also agree with what someone said about smokers being uneducated. Its either this or they are selfish scum. I would hope therefore that its the former.

Soldato
Kell_ee001 said:
Do we have to go over all of this again?! :(

Yes we do. Cliffs will or do include:

*Someone moans, usually about the smell.
*someone defends the smoker.
*4 or 5 people mention cancer and or black lungs.
*Random post, something about smokers being mentalists.
*Smell brigade step up the argument.
*Smokers feel set upon and make angry time.
*None smokers up in arms, mainly focusing on the passive effects.
*Thread drifts into the depths of page 2.
*Someone else starts an anti smoking post.
*Profit.

Caporegime
Let her read this. I hope she dumps you over 20 BnH.

You say you love her, accept her for what she is and love her.

Really i see absoloutley no problem and i think a lot of people are really bizzare on this. I put it down to youth. I cant think of anythign else.

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Efour2 said:
Let her read this. I hope she dumps you over 20 BnH.

You say you love her, accept her for what she is and love her.

Really i see absoloutley no problem and i think a lot of people are really bizzare on this. I put it down to youth. I cant think of anythign else.

I worry about my girl friend when she smokes because ive seen first hand what it can do to people and i dont wont too see her feel the effects from smoking now later in life :(

Permabanned
Maybe some people enjoy smoking. What is the point of being alive if you don't enjoy yourself, you might as well be dead.

I smoke a bit and i am worried about getting cancer but I just hope I don't get it. :o

Don
I don't smoke (never have), and hate smokers. But it's here choice and upon reading the majority of this thread (all of your replies and most of the others) I feel it's very unfair to give her an ultimatum.

Associate
Just come back from a health promotion meeting with the local PCT (West Kent PCT). One of the topics was about smoking cessation.

The person giving the talk said it's up to the person to wake up one day and decide to quit there and then. They would go and see a pharmacist/GP/smoking group with a view to quit.

Regarding your girlfriend, you could drop hints such as some leaflets from the local pharmacy on to her lap, and then it will be up to her to quit at her own free will.

Soldato
hilly said:
I don't smoke (never have), and hate smokers. But it's here choice and upon reading the majority of this thread (all of your replies and most of the others) I feel it's very unfair to give her an ultimatum.

You actually hate people because they smoke??.

Back
Top Bottom