New Stalker multiplay vid

Dup

Dup

Soldato
regulus said:
Visuals out of date???? :confused:

Compared to upcoming titles, yes they are. They're a little more HL2 than Crysis, well i'd say it sits in the middle. But The games does have some nice touched like the skies etc.

I hope the game is with us soon. It will be another pre-order for myself.

Associate
Looking good, and no way out of date...heck even the alpha still looks good today. And it seems to be beautifully optimised.

Unlike most of the games released recently.

Soldato
OP
redline said:
Looking good, and no way out of date...heck even the alpha still looks good today. And it seems to be beautifully optimised.

Unlike most of the games released recently.

Aaah, the alpha. I've played that to death. Good memories.

I actually cannot think of a more "beautiful" FPS that's out today, or coming out apart from the DX10 titles (Crysis, UT2007)

Last edited:
Soldato
One of the side effects of a game spending so long in development hell is that its visuals are outdated before it even hit the door. Stalker has its fancy lighting engine indeed, but apart from that, it looks pretty bland. I stopped being excited about this game a long time ago. Whenever a rare update on the game comes out, nothing new is introduced, or bought to the table.

Man of Honour
You can't exactly tell that much from the video, as it's such a low quality. It should look a good game, but there's always something about it that I though looked a bit crappy, still not put my finger on it after a couple of years.

Associate
i have been looking forward to this though of late i was wondering if it would be anygood by the time it came out. i am now pleased i didnt remove my preorder ... the question is who has had this on preorder the longest lol (mine was preordered on 28/01/2005 :eek: )

Associate
Looks good but the gun there is horribly big and it's weird seeing a massive cross hair!

I'm used to RO/PR where there's no cross hair. Shoot from the hip or iron site only. :cool:

Associate
BarryFell said:
Looks good but the gun there is horribly big and it's weird seeing a massive cross hair!

I'm used to RO/PR where there's no cross hair. Shoot from the hip or iron site only. :cool:

Its so much fun using the German sub machine gun shooting from the hip and acctually killing a few people with it :) you get to see all the gore :p no iron sights in the way.

Back
Top Bottom