360 worth it on sdtv?

Permabanned
If your gaming in SD make sure you get an RGB cable, i got one and wouldnt look back, the difference between the Component SD and the RGB is so much that it actually put me of getting a HDTv as i can no longer tell the difference really (i have a pure flat panasonic 28" wide) SD with component is horrid

Associate
I had a Sony Wega 32" CRT which I used with the 360 for around 3 months. Some games looked good, whereas I had real problems with others. I sit quite far back from the TV and had to shelve great games such as GRAW as I just couldn't see what was happening on-screen :)

I ordered the Sony 40" W2000 HDTV last week and it arrived yesterday. It's just awesome the difference it makes, the colours are so much better, everything is so sharp and crisp, it's like I'm playing on another machine. Like I said, some games (such as Fight Night 3 and Table Tennis) looked great in SDTV anyway and the addition of HDTV has just sharpened them up a bit. Others though, like Fifa 07 and GRAW, have found a new lease of life on my HDTV. They just look completely different - so sharp and crisp, with details I'd not even seen before.

So in short, the 360 on an SDTV really depends on what games you enjoy. It's certainly very playable and you can enjoy most games, but if you plan to upgrade to HDTV anyway, expect the 360 to accelerate the process ;)

Soldato
I was using a 19" lcd tv with a vga cable @ 1024 x 768 the max it can output but wanted to play my 360 on my thomson 28" widescreen so i had a trip to curry's and got the microsoft advanced scart and i have to say the difference between the standard cable and this advanced scart is great even just in the dashboard everything is so much sharper and when i loaded up need for speed carbon i couldnt tell much difference between using the vga and this , eventually i want a hd tv but for now i am more than happy using my standard tv but i will have to buy the wireless adaptor now to share my connection .

Associate
My SDTV (Tosh 36ZP18P) has 3 component sockets on the back labled Y, Ps/Cs, & Pr/Cr.

I have connected my 360 via the included premium component cables to these, & the audio to the red & white audio sockets.

This I assumed would be the best way as component is better than SCART? & it looks great.

However, would I be better getting one of the advanced SCART cables? Or am I correct in thinking that if your SDTV has component then it is best to use these?

:confused: I am..

Back
Top Bottom