Post Your Home Cine & HiFi Kit...

Man of Honour
Got a Cd player today, Cambridge Audio CD 200, dunno if its any good, only cost £5 even comes with warrenty :D

cd.jpg

Associate
2 Channel Setup Completed!

Well for now lol

AVsetup1a.jpg
AVsetup1b.jpg

Left Speaker and PC
Right Speaker and TV

System consists of:

Sony TA-F808 ES Amplifier
Sony ST-S570 ES Tuner
Sony CDP-X303 ES CD Player
Sony MDS-JB920 QS MD Recorder
Sony TCK-820S QS Cassette Deck
Sony DVP-S7700 DVD Player
Philips VR 608 VCR
LG 28" Dolby Pro Logic TV
B+W 602.2 Speakers

Housed in a custom built HiFi stand which I've still to add some finishing touches like painting the shelves etc

HiFi stand empty weighs 70kg and has seperate cable runs at the rear for power and audio cables, its rather a beast!

Interconnects are various makes and models but nothing particulary special just Cambridge, Van Damme, Neutrik stuff.

Will be getting some higher end floorstanders when I get a bigger place but for now the sound of this setup is awesome!

Thinking of modding the CD player but have to search around a bit 1st as to how hard it is to DIY as to get it done professionally is rather expensive.

Associate
IamMed said:
2 Channel Setup Completed!

Well for now lol

AVsetup1a.jpg
AVsetup1b.jpg

Left Speaker and PC
Right Speaker and TV

System consists of:

Sony TA-F808 ES Amplifier
Sony ST-S570 ES Tuner
Sony CDP-X303 ES CD Player
Sony MDS-JB920 QS MD Recorder
Sony TCK-820S QS Cassette Deck
Sony DVP-S7700 DVD Player
Philips VR 608 VCR
LG 28" Dolby Pro Logic TV
B+W 602.2 Speakers

Housed in a custom built HiFi stand which I've still to add some finishing touches like painting the shelves etc

HiFi stand empty weighs 70kg and has seperate cable runs at the rear for power and audio cables, its rather a beast!

Interconnects are various makes and models but nothing particulary special just Cambridge, Van Damme, Neutrik stuff.

Will be getting some higher end floorstanders when I get a bigger place but for now the sound of this setup is awesome!

Thinking of modding the CD player but have to search around a bit 1st as to how hard it is to DIY as to get it done professionally is rather expensive.

Nice setup, but one thing. The left VCR is one minute slower than the left, sort it out man :p

Soldato
Quick update after getting a new TV and changing my bedroom around.

From this...

To this...

And a few in the dark...

Equipment rack

Close up

View from my bed

Pretty pleased with how it's turned out. Sounds much better having the speakers in that position as they aren't directly facing a wall. The bass can get a bit boomy when I'm sat over the other side of the room, so a bit of fine-tuning will have to be done.

Next thing to come will be some floorstanders (B&W's can go to the rear) and then a stereo amp.

Specs list is...

B&W DM601 S3's on Atacama Nexus 6's
Yamaha DSP-AX620 (About 4 years old... fantastic reciever)
NAD C521 BEE CD Player
Pioneer DV585-A DVD Player
Panasonic NV-FJ620 Nicam VCR
Playstation
SoundBlaster Live 5.1 in the PC
Mixture of Mark Grant, Profigold and Cambridge Audio cables
KEF OFC Speaker Cable
28" JVC Widescreen Flat CRT

edit... Now with an Xbox 360

Click

Last edited:
Soldato
Qucik list of what I have.

Sony dvd player and CD player
Marantz pm4000 AMp
Arcam T61 Radio
Naim Headphone amp
Acoustic Energy Surround Package
Samsung 32" LCD R71
Creative XFI Fatality
B&W 602's (needing speaker wire.

IMG_1311.JPG

IMG_1313.JPG

IMG_1314.JPG

IMG_1316.JPG

Soldato
IamMed said:
cymatty:

Setup looks good but the speaker positioning looks awful, cant you move them apart?

A little, probably a further foot apart, at the moment the y are not wired up hence the massive turn in, when they are wired up they will be put more towards 90degrees with the wall for better imaging. :)

sid

sid

Soldato

Heres my living room

LG 37" LC2D TV
HTPC connected to tv via HDMI to DVI
Pioneer VXS 300 AV Amp
Telewest Cable TV (not hd though)
Centre - Mission m70s i think
Fronts - Tannoy mx3
Rears - Eltax concept 180

Stuff is pretty good for what it is used for which is play tv etc.

Associate
S3010375-2.jpg

That's pretty much all I have, PC underneath the desk, would've took a better pic but camera batteries just died >_>

360 with Live Vision/HDD/Wireless Pad/Media Remote (Basically a premium without the shiny disc tray)
Samsung 20" Syncmaster 940MW HDTV/Monitor
My PC underneath packed with TV shows/Films....etc!

Associate
Here's what I've got:-

Pair of Wharfedale Diamond 8.4
8.4full.jpg

Wharfedale Diamond 8C (black)
8C-Black.jpg

Pair of Wharfedale Diamond 8.2
8.2black.jpg

Denon AVR-1803
den_avr1803_gold.jpg

Will have to continue in next post, as I've reached the picture limit.

Associate
*Continued from previous post*

The bit I'm most proud of is the sub I designed and built (well, I got the enclosure built by a joiner :p):-
sub1.jpg

sub2.jpg

I still need to get a proper finish on it. It's made from thick, solid birch-faced ply, it's 96 litres in volume, reflex port tuned to 22Hz, houses a 12" 650W RMS Adire Audio "Shiva" sub (noted for it's large x-max and quality), and a Detonator DT300 amplifier. You'd need to spend a serious amount for a commercial sub to sound as good. It seems to have bottomless bass. I generally have the port plugged for music, and open for films for that extra slam.

That's my cinema sound system, however now I'm living back with my parents I can't indulge so the majority of it is in storage :(

In my bedroom I'm currently running an Audio Alchemy "DAC-In-The-Box" external DAC attached to my PCs output, with a Cambridge Audio A5 amplifier powering my Diamond 8.4s. Basically, I run all my music through the computer, and running through that DAC it sounds very sweet. It's amazing how much better the current setup sounds when it comes to music (apart from missing ultra low-end presence afforded by the sub), but then the Denon setup is more suited to movies.

Associate
Cheers man, just wish I could use it nowadays! :(

Oh well, I suppose whilst it's inactive I could always complete the finish (if I can be bothered!)

Back
Top Bottom