Headphone tip stuck in socket!

Associate
I've a Sony TC-KE400S and the tip of a headphone is stuck in the headphone socket. Its was bought very cheap, do you reckon if I take of the outside casing I'd be able to get at it, or has anyone got a better idea?

Soldato
Sparky191 said:
I've a Sony TC-KE400S and the tip of a headphone is stuck in the headphone socket. Its was bought very cheap, do you reckon if I take of the outside casing I'd be able to get at it, or has anyone got a better idea?

The headphone socket may have "slits" manufactured into it meaning you could push the tip out from the otherside. Means opening it up.

Worth a go!

Soldato
Sparky191 said:
Take one matchstick and one tube of superglue.

Put a very, very small blob of superglue on the end of the matchstick and wait for about 30 seconds. By this time the glue should be starting to dry off and ready to stick solid to the first thing it touches. Carefully ease the matchstick into the headphone socket (careful not to touch the sides) and onto the back of the offending piece of metal. Now wait for the glue to dry (you may need to leave it for a while and find some way of supporting it so it remains horizontal) and whip the matchstick and affixed piece of metal out of the socket.

Not sure if it will work but I've used a similar technique in similar situations.

Soldato
The above technique does work but can be very tricky in small spaces because if you use too much glue or touch the sides its gonna stick all around the hole forever blocking it.

Associate
OP
I was thinking of trying to insert a drill bit down into the tip thats left and if it "bites" it might come out. I don't intend drilling, but was thinking even a tiny bit of shaving might cause an electrical problem. I don't care about the tip and its wasn't an expensive deck (obviously).

I'm using it to review my old tape collection and recording to WAV/MP3 via HiMD the ones I want to save. My amp is currently broken so I'm stuck using the HiMD as a headphone amp.

Back
Top Bottom