Sexsim in Society

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
One thing I notice about office based environments is that men must wear a shirt and tie yet women can wear.. pretty much whatever they want, including but by no means limited to big floppy jumpers.
Thinking about it, its the same for a lot of things where the man is required to wear a shirt/tie. :p

Permabanned
[TW]Fox said:
One thing I notice about office based environments is that men must wear a shirt and tie yet women can wear.. pretty much whatever they want, including but by no means limited to big floppy jumpers.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

It annoys me so much I decided to say something, only time I wear a tie now is when I have a meeting :)

Soldato
[Damien] said:
I think they get around it because there's nothing stopping men from buying insurance from them, it's just that they only advertise to women.

I went through the Diamond site last year to get a quote, and it has to be a female primary driver. It's possible to add males on as secondary drivers though.

Caporegime
[TW]Fox said:

mm its true. we now have a casual day every Friday - but the fact is yu would struggle to tell whether its casual day or not from the women in the offices. we have a laugh about this, and they tell us the only difference is on cas day they will wear jeans.

edit: my sister believes it should be anyone but her job to go scrabbling around in the dusty loft looking for a suitcase when she is going on hols - even if i show her how to use the ladder and gain access to the loft.

women have been conditioned to believe that hard work is NOT for them, and they protest and cry in order to maintain "their" way if living, and then suggest that we should move towards a less sexist society LOL>

Last edited:
Suspended
Women (sweeping statement) expect all the advantages of a sexist society with none of the draw backs.

Example would be a simple work commute, you get an evil look if you dont let them onto a bus first or don't offer your seat.

Permabanned
how can they get away with women only car companys, could I open "Fags Only" or JEWZWheelz" and get away with it?

anyone know who we can officaly complain against, I am suprised this is even legal!!!

Last edited:
Associate
iamgud said:
how can they get away with women only car companys, could I open "Fags Only" or JEWZWheelz" and get away with it?

anyone know who we can officaly complain against, I am suprised this is even legal!!!

I don't think that they are specificially women only, men can join, but you end up paying £stupid to put you off.

Man of Honour
iamgud said:

Becuase us blokes cost car insurance companies more money, it is simple fact.

Women crash lots more than us, but a woman crash involves reversing into a post at 4mph when parking.

Blokes rarely crash but when they do, they will fling their Subaru Impreza backwards through a hedge and roll it twelve times.

We crash properly.

Zip

Zip

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
Blokes rarely crash but when they do, they will fling their Subaru Impreza backwards through a hedge and roll it twelve times.

We crash properly.

Someone else said that the other day, now who did you cut paste that from? :p

Associate
i have to put up woth more crap from my pearnts than my sister

mainly coz my mum is a woman and my dad dont care - male and females are both as dumb as eachother they argue about it because they want power.

just the women think they sound better doing and just cant see how dumb they sound

this is from the experiences that i have had in the past and from my family

bar 1 college teacher ;)

Associate
[TW]Fox said:

Not true the Tie thing that is some guy took his employers the DWP to the European Courts over discrimination and won the case, ties are no longer compulsory, but I would still check your T's & C's our Company has dropped the compulsory wearing of ties, but now we see that after the initial fun has worn off, people are starting to wear them again by choice.

Personally I don't wear a tie for work, but check with customers as to their dress code if I don't know them before turning up to a meeting.

We've over the years had it both ways, had to turn up to site with Suit & Tie etc and also been kicked off site for wearing the same and had to return in casuals and jeans.

Suspended
Noxis said:
Example would be a simple work commute, you get an evil look if you dont let them onto a bus first or don't offer your seat.
You're right, it is a sweeping statement - and one that can be disproved by simply observing the world around you.

I were on the tube the other day, and offered my seat to a lady - she declined. When an old man got on the tube, the only person to stand up and offer him a seat was a woman. I can't recall a single instance where I've had an "evil look" from anyone on public transport, and especially not a woman. If anything, they smile at me.

Back
Top Bottom