MS TechNet Plus

Associate
I think all versions will be available (well thats what I have been told for my MSDN subscription anyway)

At the mo only Office 2007 pro is on there, no Pro Plus or Ultimate.
Vista should be up in the next couple of days - again should be all versions :)

Good stuff :)

Associate
It's a yearly subscription. I don't think it auto-renews unless you set it to. But you won't get money back if you cancel.

I don't think they "de-activate" your licences if you don't renew. I am still using my Windows XP keys quite happily from when I was an MSDN subscriber in 2002! (Naughty I know.) :o

Caporegime
For what some of you are proposing, you'd be just as properly licensed if you torrented the OS, except you won't have spent nearly £400 for the privilege.

Soldato
Look guys - why try and get around licensing.
It is pretty digital, either you are licensed or you aren't.
There are no "grey areas" as some people claim - you've either got a valid license or you haven't.

As somebody else has said, some of you are now looking at spending £400 on a Technet Plus Subsciption.
In a years time when you don't renew then you'll be just as illegal as everyone else who has downloaded their OS from wherever.
A load of you are considering Technet Plus but haven't actually bothered reading up on how the licensing works - so you're going to be immediately no more legal than somebody with a downloaded copy.
There is mention of the "Action Pack" too - again, read through the license agreement.

Once again this is the usual "I can physically do something so it must be legal".
I can buy a Technet Plus subscription, I can then physically install it on a load of machines so it must be legal for me to do so.
No - read the agreements, see what you can & cannot do and then decide if its worth it.

If you really don't want to pay for the license for your software then don't upgrade.
If you want to upgrade and don't think you should have to pay for it - well do what you like, but don't come boasting about it here because nobody will be impressed.
There isn't a way around licensing, there isn't a way of making it cheap - if there was then everyone would be telling everyone else about it.
Technet Plus is nothing new, I've been subscribing to it (via work for years) and it's only just recently that they stopped with the 180 day trial versions and started using non-time limited ones.
However there is still a license agreement and the products still need to be activated.

Either buy Vista or not - but don't go for the middle ground and certainly don't claim any of this "Grey Area" crap.
You're either legal or not, there is no middle ground.

Back
Top Bottom