C Walking - Anyone able to do this?

Soldato
When I was on holiday all of the yanks were doing this, they called it "heel toe". Looked pretty cool in the club, however it only works with hiphop beats, nothing else. But that's fine by me as i'd prefer to bounce to some hiphop than "trip" listening to some crappy dance rave stuff.

If you find any tutorials then post em up, i'd like to learn.

Permabanned
Dance like this, you'll be beating the women off with a stick

carlton5ho.gif

Associate
Colin_da_Killer said:
Stick to the clouds mate, it's obviously where your natural suited dwelling is! :rolleyes:

I thought they spelt out Blood with their feet in the dance and crossed it out like that maybe?

Who called the thought police? Opinions are opinions boss.

Permabanned
OP
MrSix said:
When I was on holiday all of the yanks were doing this, they called it "heel toe". Looked pretty cool in the club, however it only works with hiphop beats, nothing else. But that's fine by me as i'd prefer to bounce to some hiphop than "trip" listening to some crappy dance rave stuff.

"heel toe" is one of the moves in cwalking.

Go to youtube and type in C-walking 101, that is a good tutorial by KyrenC who has a few tuts if you check his user space on youtube.

MrSix said:

You tube kyren

Zip

Zip

Soldato
What if there happens to be one of the Crips Rival gangs in the club that are on holiday over in the UK and you do that in front of them.

You will get knifed right there and then :eek:

Permabanned
OP
Zip said:
What if there happens to be one of the Crips Rival gangs in the club that are on holiday over in the UK and you do that in front of them.

You will get knifed right there and then :eek:
Just say you were clown walking (non gang related). If you wear red when crip walking that is pretty much blood walking.

Who cares about the gang stuff. It's pretty commercial now as clown walking.

Permabanned
OP
FerretBoy said:
hmmm unlikely, my daughter might find it fairly amusing though! Oh and everyone I know would roll on the floor with laughter.
Then you need to make more friends :p :D

Listen...

I didn't expect this to be to everyones taste, I'm not that naive. BUT, this is a skillful dance and it does deserve respect just like salsa, ball-room and the likes do. Fine this is more modern, not as well known and may look funny to you and others, that doesn't mean that it is not popular among certain groups.

So there is really no point or need to come in this thread to post about how humerous it looks to you or that it looks lame/ghey/idiotic etc.

It's fine and dandy to have an opinion and to speak freely about it but to do it in ignorance just seems a bit immature to me.

P.S This wasn't directed at you FerretBoy. Just general statement.

Permabanned
Colin_da_Killer said:
Someone with "quite a good brain" wouldn't reply saying that something looks "bloody idiotic" so I can only presume you don't have quite a good brain, or just chose not to use it when reading and replying to this thread. :)

If your going to mock this style of dancing please don't just post arrogant nonsense. If your going to be critical then at least be constructive in some way and have a level of maturity to your post.

Otherwise there is a good saying that goes like this, "If you have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything at all"

your forgetting personal opinion is just that, a personal one. i never said it was bloody idiotic, I said "to me it looks bloody idiotic" there's quite a large difference as I was speaking for myself alone and not making sweeping generalisations and putting forward my own opinion is something im entitled to do on this forum regardless of whether you like it or not provided i dont break the rules, and the fact remains that to me, it looks bloody idiotic, a sort of cross between a moon walk and Parkinsons disease.

Suspended
Colin_da_Killer said:
WOAH! My father has parkinsons disease and I REALLY do not appreciatte comments like that, totally uncalled for!!! NEVER mock or use a disease that millions suffer from in vein or in jest, very disrespectful!

Disrespectful? How can you argue on that point after calling everyone on this topic who doesn't agree with you 'ignorant'

Permabanned
i also have to say i think every disease / illness is fair game for comedy value. simply because everybody dies so you may as well do your best to make light of it. if some feel its in bad taste... poor them, may they sit on the side and woefully shake their heads in dismay.

Permabanned
If you don't like it just say so but you can still show it some respect as it obviously involves some talent. Talent that I think some of the people who don't like it lack.

Permabanned
iamgud said:
If you don't like it just say so but you can still show it some respect as it obviously involves some talent. Talent that I think some of the people who don't like it lack.

well maybe if i saw it actually done in real life i would be a little more inspired but to me on the video it doesn't look that skill full... :confused: i mean im open to an education if im missing something here but bopping about from your toes to your heals in an a-rhythmic tempo isnt exactly the most skilful thing in the world.

Back
Top Bottom