PS3 Controller

in one respect its bloody good. (well 2 respects) It is the same old design (which up until I had an xbox and later 360 I thought the PS design was perfect) so you don't have any adjustment period its just pick up and play.

The second good point is that it is bloody light.

On the topic of PS3 controlers. No PS 1 or 2 controlers are compatible. So if you have a guitar heros guitar best keep your PS2

Soldato
Kronologic said:
in one respect its bloody good. (well 2 respects) It is the same old design (which up until I had an xbox and later 360 I thought the PS design was perfect) so you don't have any adjustment period its just pick up and play.

The second good point is that it is bloody light.

On the topic of PS3 controlers. No PS 1 or 2 controlers are compatible. So if you have a guitar heros guitar best keep your PS2

Yeap i feel the same way.

As for PS2 controllers, you can use the PS2 to USB adaptor that people use for PC's and it works. The problem is, when you go to play a game with backwards compatibility you need to press i think its the anaolgue button on the old controllers and PS button on the PS3, and the GH controller doesn't have that :(

Associate
I've been playing with 360 + PS2 controllers one after the other lately and I do find the 360 one best. DualShock 2, I find my thumbs slipping off the left stick now and again and it feels cheap and plasticky compared to the 360.

Permabanned
When I had a PS2 I thought the controller was fine, but when I worked at Sega I was using a PS2 controller for about 7 hours a day and my hands ached every evening after work.

As soon as I was moved onto a different console my hands felt fine again.

So yeah I wished they had actually put some thought into improving the controller.

Last edited:
Associate
I prefer the 360 controller for driving and FPS games, both of which really benefit from the very accessible triggers and the well placed analogue sticks. Outside of that I think the PS controller is excellent, a bit of a redesign would have been nice though.

Associate
I'm not sure why they changed the batarang design.

They seemed to have changed it because there was an outcry - mainly from people who had never even had the opportunity to touch one let alone play with it for a few hours. Weird. Or was it all to do with that rumble company? :confused:

Permabanned
There seems to be a trend of people starting a whole new thread every time they have anything to say about the PS3, even though they could post it in one of the zillion existing threads. This thread continues that trend :)

Soldato
OP
dirtydog said:
There seems to be a trend of people starting a whole new thread every time they have anything to say about the PS3, even though they could post it in one of the zillion existing threads. This thread continues that trend :)

and this post continues your trend

+1

Soldato
I prefer the 360 controller for driving and FPS games, both of which really benefit from the very accessible triggers and the well placed analogue sticks. Outside of that I think the PS controller is excellent, a bit of a redesign would have been nice though.

I totally agree. The 360 controller is fantastic for racing and FPS games, but I miss my old PS2 pad for Pro Evo. The shoulder buttons are terrible.

Zip

Zip

Soldato
As much as i love the PS2 control design, I was looking forward to getting my hands on the double ended ***** design they had at the Prototype launch :cool:

God that looked comfortable :)

Back
Top Bottom