Play Halo 3 First details on the multiplayer beta test...OMG iv just wet myself

Associate
Play Halo 3
First details on the multiplayer beta test.
by Hilary Goldstein

US, November 15, 2006 - Next spring you will play Halo 3. To celebrate the fifth anniversary of Halo, Microsoft and Bungie announced a trio of upcoming releases, which includes a public multiplayer beta test for Halo 3 in 2007. There is a god and his name is Master Chief.

Halo 3 Multiplayer Beta
Bungie tested Halo 2 with a much ballyhooed Microsoft internal beta program. Many of the suggestions for tweaks and adjustments to Halo 2 multiplayer came from more than a thousand MS employees trying out Halo 2 on a set of private servers. For Halo 3, Bungie is expanding its testing circle significantly. Next spring, Bungie opens the Halo 3 multiplayer beta to Xbox 360 gamers, allowing fans to try out an unspecified number of maps and game modes and to help Bungie make the strongest online game possible.

"The Halo Nation has a nearly insatiable desire," said Jeff Bell, corporate vice president of global marketing for the Interactive Entertainment Business at Microsoft Corp. "We hope a taste of advance Halo 3 gameplay satisfies some of their appetite as we count down to the game's launch later in 2007."

The release of a spring beta all but guarantees that Halo 3 will come out next fall and, more than likely, in time for the six-year anniversary of the franchise.

Halo 2 Maps for 360
Also in the spring, Bungie is preparing to offer all new maps for Halo 2. Available only on Xbox 360 through the Live Marketplace, it is unknown if the new content will be free or at a premium. No details were given as to the number of maps or if any other goodies surprises would be included with the downlad. With more than four billion online matches played since Halo 2's November 2004 release, it remains the most popular online Xbox game released to date.

"Since its original release, Halo 2 has redefined online play, delivering superior multiplayer capabilities in addition to an incredible social experience, and nurturing a constantly growing community through Xbox Live," said Shane Kim, corporate vice president of Microsoft Game Studios. "After five years of rabid fan interest in the Halo franchise and with more than four million users and counting on Xbox Live worldwide, this is the perfect time to invite fans to join the global Halo phenomenon."

The new map pack is conveniently being released in the same time frame as the Halo 3 beta test, which could mean there is a connection with the new content and the upcoming game.

Halo 3 Teaser Ad in December
On December 4, during ESPN's Monday Night Football game featuring the Panthers against the Eagles, a one-time showing of a new 60-second Halo 3 teaser will be aired. Handled by the McCann Erickson advertising agency (creators of your Nestle Crunch craving), the trailer provides a "unique compelling look at Master Chief and the world of Halo 3." The trailer is also scheduled for release on the Xbox Live Marketplace following its Monday Night debut.

Wait, What's Halo 3 Again?
The final chapter in the Halo videogame trilogy, Halo 3 settles the score between the Covenant, the Flood and the human race. Yes, this game will have an ending (we think). Halo 3 also features enhanced A.I., a new real-time lighting engine, new weapons and characters as well as expanded online community features.

Go ahead and pre-order your copy today.

Link http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/746/746139p1.html

Associate
Dark_Angel said:
So how is this going to work then? if you have a live account they will allow you to download the Beta on to your 360 hard drive?

Just make sure you have a gold xbox live account when that beta goes public.

:)

Soldato
Am I the only one who finds its hard to believe it's the end of the story?

It's Microsoft's biggest franchise, creating spin-off games, books, merchandise etc.

I can't see them just saying... right, that's it, we are done with Halo. I'm sure they will come up with a new storyline and create a Halo 4.

Associate
I wonder how many gamers will cry if MS/Bungie announce that it's only available in the US? I really wouldn't be suprised if it were!

Associate
Nexus said:
Am I the only one who finds its hard to believe it's the end of the story?

It's Microsoft's biggest franchise, creating spin-off games, books, merchandise etc.

I can't see them just saying... right, that's it, we are done with Halo. I'm sure they will come up with a new storyline and create a Halo 4.

They've only said its the end of this story arc. I guess it will sort out the ending of the Covenant war, maybe where the rest of the Halos are. No idea what else but yeah I'm sure we'll see the Chief again.

Soldato
It is the end of Halo in the sense that this will be the last game with Master Chief, but there will be no doubt that they will make another Halo since its the best selling game on Xbox. Seriously though isn't it way too early to be wondering whether theres going to be anymore made? We don't even know what happens in Halo 3 yet except that Earth has been Conquered.

Back
Top Bottom