official Gears Of War discussion thread

Soldato
Herminator said:
My copy has arrived from Game :)
I'm trying to play it on the hard setting, but it's hard to do when you're sitting back from the screen, need to be up close to see all the details.

Perfect excuse to buy a bigger TV :D

And someone tell me I wasn't the only one to die on the training mission?!

Associate
jamief said:
Perfect excuse to buy a bigger TV :D

And someone tell me I wasn't the only one to die on the training mission?!

If only I could afford one :rolleyes: I already spent all my spare money this summer on a second Dell 24" tft.

I died on the training mission too :o The controls take a bit of getting used to, movement seems a bit clumsy to me.

Associate
I recievied my copy today believe it or not.. The only problem is I dont have a 360 to play it on yet lol

Its so tempting to go out and buy one now.. I just know theres going to be some new christmas bundles coming out any day so I'm going to wait I think.

Soldato
Bill_Gates said:
I recievied my copy today believe it or not.. The only problem is I dont have a 360 to play it on yet lol

Its so tempting to go out and buy one now.. I just know theres going to be some new christmas bundles coming out any day so I'm going to wait I think.

Go to HMV and buy a Premium pack with Official DVD remote, Call of Duty 3, Rainbow Six Las Vegas (not out yet, but they will probably let you pick it up on release), and Saints Row for...

350 quid. Quite cheap i think :)

Im planning on getting that deal myself i think.

Soldato
Herminator said:
If only I could afford one :rolleyes: I already spent all my spare money this summer on a second Dell 24" tft.

I died on the training mission too :o The controls take a bit of getting used to, movement seems a bit clumsy to me.

Took me a while to get the hang of the controls... I found the easiest way was to jump into some XBL games, picked it up pretty easily there. And had an absolute blast too, despite sucking. Even managed a few chainsaw kills, which is great fun, especially when you hear any spectators almost cheer :D

Caporegime
blueshift said:
lol, its out tommorow.. get a grip??

It may be out tomorrow officially but when you look at it the release date has already been well broken, ive seen people say they've had it arrive as early as yesterday. If people are receiving the game then the release is broken and they should just sell the game in stores. :(

Soldato
Gerard said:
God dammit this is bs, why the hell is it game can't sell it in stores when people have already received the game in the post from them? :mad:

Buy online in future? :p

The online retailers get round this by sending them out early so we have them in time for release day, it's not our fault Royal Mail are so efficient :)

Caporegime
wyrdo said:
Buy online in future? :p

The online retailers get round this by sending them out early so we have them in time for release day, it's not our fault Royal Mail are so efficient :)

I have bought online i the past, ive never received anthing early always on the release date. I got smackdown last thursday night so im hoping it'll be a similar story with gears.

Soldato
Of course it all depends on where you live Gerard.

If you order from those certain offshore retailers you can understand why it takes a while to receive. I see you location is Ireland. For example I live in Slough, which is not very far from where Gameplay's warehouse is, therefore unless my postie has nicked it, I always get my packages on Thursday. If they dispatched to you, its got further to go.

It is very difficult to nail online retailers for early dispatch. If however I popped into Game today and Gears was on the shelf, they whole chain could be slapped with a ban by Microsoft. I know that sounds far fetched but similar things have happened.

Suspended
is that the wierd thing like out of lotr 1? if so u need to get her to run at you when your near the wall with the door that wont open, just make sure you get out of the way in time, she smashes into the door an opens it
then repeat this in the other 2 rooms till u get her outside, then its hammer of dawn time

Back
Top Bottom