Has anybody got the k800i yet?

Permabanned
I've just got my nice new bronze coloured one from those nice chaps and chapesses at T-mobile. The phone is priced at £49.99, but by walking in and asking what the best price they could give me was, they knocked £20 off! Which was nice ;)

I like the size and weight of it, it actually feels like there's something solid there rather than a crappy plastic thing that will break if I drop it onto a feather bed. Why oh why they took off the light from the 750 I'll never know, but they did :(

Soldato
Can someone answer a couple of questions for me?

If I purchase a phone through that certain high-street retailer with the little phone as its mascot (not sure if I can say the name or not?) and I take one on T-Mobile, will I get a T-Mobile branded and locked phone?

I've spoken to the sales team twice and got two different answers - and while I appreciate they have a 7-day money-back guarantee, I'd rather know in advance! I've got an Orange SIM for my (rubbish) work mobile that I'd like to be able to use with my (lovely) new phone.

And if the phone is branded and locked to T-Mobile, does that affect any of the functionality of the phone?

Permabanned
I'm getting two minds about taking this phone or not. I'll be getting a new handset on the 8th of December, is this phone (K800i) better than the N73 or is it the other way about?

Thanks,

David

Associate
personal preference really. I think nokia have being week on the handset side of things recently. and am more than happy with my k800

Soldato
glitch said:
If I purchase a phone through that certain high-street retailer with the little phone as its mascot (not sure if I can say the name or not?) and I take one on T-Mobile, will I get a T-Mobile branded and locked phone?
And it would appear you don't - got an unbranded, unlocked K800i from the aforementioned retailer. Lovely.

One niggle though. When I'm typing in phone numbers to dial, is there any way to turn off 'spacker text' mode and get the numbers smaller? I'd prefer to see the number I've entered all on one line rather than spread over two.

Associate
Hi

I had to do a reformat of my computer a while ago and I've just gone to take some pictures off my K800i and realised I didn't have the PC Suite installed. Unfortunately I have lost the PC Suite CD but I downloaded it from the Sony website.

The only thing is, the drivers were on the PC Suite CD and I need these drivers for my computer to recognise my K800i so I can upload the pictures and print some off.

I've had a good search for the drivers I need but I can't find them anywhere.

Does anybody know what drivers I need and where to get them from?

Thank you very much for your help

Kind regards,
-Rob

Soldato
The drivers are on the site, or are even part of the PC Suite you downloaded. I've never installed from the disc that came with it, so they must be there - it installs them into a folder under program files, iirc. And there's a word doc that explains how to install.

Even without, just choosing file transfer mode should cause the device to be recognised as a USB Mass Storage device, so you can get your files on any pc with or without the software.

Associate
Hi, me again.

I'm having a problem, my compter isn't recognising my K800i.

As you said, it should show up in My Computer as a removal disk/memory stick which I can take the pictures off it, but it isn't appearing in My Computer.

It won't even recognise the phone when I try and connect using PC Suite.

I'm not too sure what to do to be honest

Soldato
im sooooo close to getting one of these but one thing thats bothering me is the camera slide at the back of the phone. The phone will be in my pocket 90% of the time and it seems like the camera guard will keep opening in my pocket.

Is this the case?

Soldato
Just a word of warning, as nice & amazing as the K800i is, the software that came with it was a real pain, once it finally saw the phone via the cable the transfer times were slow and it failed at 45%, someone recommended to me t get myphoneexplorer (http://www.fjsoft.at/en/) i tried that and was flawless, along with SMS backup, better synching, just all around amazing :)

Back
Top Bottom