Toyota Celica

Associate
Does anyone on the forum own one of these?
Im looking at the 1.8 vvTi, im 21 in a few months so the 190bhp would be silly on insurance. What is the general opinion of this car?

in terms of performance and quality? Also are they good value for money or are there some good alternatives?

currently have a 1.8 focus zetec which is a little boring.

thanks

Soldato
Marshmule said:
So your saying its basically an FTO and an FTO is 10 years old so the Celica is about 10 years behind?

Nope it is a cellica with performances and driving style similar to that of the fto - *only the fto is better. Celica is more expensive while you will get fto cheaper. Dont forget you get a V6 engine instead of a 4 pots....

*Dont quote me on that as i own a fto. :)

Soldato
I had a brief look into these but they seem quite expensive second hand, especially when considering i can get an 02 Clio 172 for less than £6k with reasonable mileage on it.

Also which insurance compies have you tried? It really is worth going through as many as you can, as you will find one eventually that should give you a pretty good deal. For example last night i decided to check how much it would be for me to get insured on a 106GTi (again) and the quote came out at £600 and a 172 at £800. Im 20 at the moment but put down insurance to start after i turn 21 in 2months time. Also 2yrs NCB, a lot of other places that quoted me on the 172 was like £1.5k+! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom