Kapersky Antivirus 7.0

Man of Honour
Well after finding out that Avast only do a free time-demo, and AVG free is about to run out in a few months I tried to look for other free antivirus programs.

I couldn't find any.

Thus I have decided to think about Kapersky.

I have read a few threads here which say it's better than NOD32 and it seems pretty nice.

Though thinking about it, do I need it? I'm very very careful about what I introduce onto my system, and I have a Firewall in my router, Windows built in Firewall, and Spybot Search and Destroy all running.

If I do need it - would you guys recommend it? Are there any alternatives I should be thinking about?

beh

beh

Associate
greenlizard0 said:
Though thinking about it, do I need it? I'm very very careful about what I introduce onto my system.
If thats the case then I'd say you could survive quite happily without.

I used KAV a couple years back and it seemed plenty good, but since the license expired I've been fine using nothing and simply exercising common sense in what I download/run.

Man of Honour
OP
Argh...*hits head on table*

The first day that I choose to go without antivirus - and my stupid noob housemate downloads something dodgy and it spreads across our network.

Why windows firewall didn't pick it up I will never know...

Soldato
ive used Norton, Nod32 and now im using Kaspersky.

I have to say Kaspersky is the best. I've been using it for like 2 months now.

I changed to it because nod32 failed to pick up a virus and some spyware which just ****** my machine up. I ran the Kasperky online checker and it picked up the problems. I purchased and installed it and then ran a complete scan of my system and it picked up a lot of stuff which nod32 failed to pick up (even with latest updates).

Since then i've been using Kaspersky and wount be changing!

*Please star out swearing*

Permabanned
Kaspersky is a great anti-virus. The GUI is awesome, scans are very well done and snatch out even the tiniest of misfits in your system. You can choose to protect your email, browsers and many other stuff, excellent program!

Associate
I use kaspersky too, it has better detection rates than any other antivirus solution out there...

nod32 is ok if you have a really really old pc or really like to masturbate over cpu cycles...but with processing power of the last 5 years why risk something that is fast but wont detect as much virus's as other software :confused:

and yes its worth using antivirus software...a firewall does not protect from virus's that you can get from browsing some shady websites or downloads etc

Soldato
Nice its sorta sad to see all the people that have converted to Nod32, but now the new one is Kaspersky.

I have to admit after running so many healthchecks for viruses/spyware I noticed nod32 just didnt quite cut it and failed to detect viruses/spyware that even Norton/Mcafee kept complaining about!

Kaspersky is the new kid on the block imo :D

But theres a BUT, ive seen Kaspersky fail to see some obvious spyware lurkin about....its still the most reliable/best overall imo.

Soldato
stevechapman said:
Norton Anti Virus

Forget all the people who say "It gives me problems waaaaaaaaa"

Never been any bother for me :)

I think you can get it in Debenhams..... :p

Norton = resource hog...i was a believer then i switched to kapersky! its like a breath of fresh air

Back
Top Bottom