The Big Idea

Soldato
This is on Sky One now and it has me confused.

How does Ruth Badger have the expertise to criticise any design/Invention. Seriously, this girl came from nowhere and did OK on a TV programme that had little to do with design. :confused:

Soldato
SpeedFreak said:
This is on Sky One now and it has me confused.

How does Ruth Badger have the expertise to criticise any design/Invention. Seriously, this girl came from nowhere and did OK on a TV programme that had little to do with design. :confused:
She doesn't, but even if only one person watches it because her name is involved, will be one more person than if it was hosted by someone who had actually been behind all sort of fantastic designs, but no-one had ever heard of. Plus, she's probably a lot less busy than them, and cheaper.

That's celebrity culture for you.

Caporegime
Weebull said:
She doesn't, but even if only one person watches it because her name is involved, will be one more person than if it was hosted by someone who had actually been behind all sort of fantastic designs, but no-one had ever heard of. Plus, she's probably a lot less busy than them, and cheaper.

That's celebrity culture for you.

The Dragons Den guys were hardly household names, and that seems to be doing alright.

Having said that, this is Sky.

Associate
Caged said:
The Dragons Den guys were hardly household names, and that seems to be doing alright.

Having said that, this is Sky.

Yeah i know what you mean, but i watched it once and was hooked and the dragons den guys are actually all minted wheres the fat badger bird is trying to get minted!

Soldato
OP
shadow4509 said:
Yeah i know what you mean, but i watched it once and was hooked and the dragons den guys are actually all minted wheres the fat badger bird is trying to get minted!

Exactly, the combined wealth of the dragons is about £500 Million. Hence their expertise is obvious and they also risk their own capital.

Associate
SpeedFreak said:
Exactly, the combined wealth of the dragons is about £500 Million. Hence their expertise is obvious and they also risk their own capital.

Millionaires all trying to undercut the other ones with better deals also makes great tv.

Back
Top Bottom