Ahhhhhh just brought PS3

Soldato
So thats 2 people from here that have bought PS3's now.

Hopefully the prices come down within the next few weeks and I'll be able to pick myself one up. Only thing thats putting me off is the warrenty issue.

Caporegime
Bobbler said:
Though I do think you are quite, quite mad. Not the money side as such, personally I would waited to see what reliability is like until I squandered a warranty.
C'est la vie.

Enjoy though!

not really, if he has a contact in the US... just send it back to them and they can RMA it? lots of doom and gloom, without much bearing on reality in here!

Soldato
Kreeeee said:
I was once liek that, now I have a lot more patience and don't track game releases really. I only heard about Gears of war a week before release and CoD3 came out without me knowing about it.

Aye, I would never do it again. That's the most I have spent on a new console.

I did know about GoW and COD3 though :p

Soldato
Nickg said:
not really, if he has a contact in the US... just send it back to them and they can RMA it? lots of doom and gloom, without much bearing on reality in here!

No, I said [bold]I[/bold] wouldnt, not he shouldnt. Hardly doom and gloom.

Soldato
OP
Bobbler said:
Nicely done Simmz. Get those gratuitous unboxing shots up when you get a chance ;)

Though I do think you are quite, quite mad. Not the money side as such, personally I would waited to see what reliability is like until I squandered a warranty.
C'est la vie.

Enjoy though!

I will, i'll be looking all smug ;)

Associate
You dont want to know what I paid for a Panasonic 3DO when it launched in the US. What a mistake that was! :(

I think I'd be tempted to import a 60gig for £500 if it came with a few games. Am I right in thinking the games are not region locked, but the movies are?
It would be a nice next to the TV... PS3, Blue-Ray, linux with a SNES and Megadrive emu. Can it playback xvid/divx/mp3 files?

There again, I also want to upgrade my PC, and can't really do both!

A.

Soldato
OP
Andy C said:
You dont want to know what I paid for a Panasonic 3DO when it launched in the US. What a mistake that was! :(

I think I'd be tempted to import a 60gig for £500 if it came with a few games. Am I right in thinking the games are not region locked, but the movies are?
It would be a nice next to the TV... PS3, Blue-Ray, linux with a SNES and Megadrive emu. Can it playback xvid/divx/mp3 files?

There again, I also want to upgrade my PC, and can't really do both!

A.

Yes games are not region locked but movies are. But easy enought to get Region 1 movies and I'm sure a crack will come out sooner or later.

Soldato
'zomg yuo bought a p$3 lolololllolo'

Tell us all about it then, once you have it at home :) About time we get some console variety on console games and hardware, you'd think it was an Xbox 360 forum lately :p

Soldato
Soulja said:
I've got 1 coming tomorrow also, if it dies within a year i'll be gutted and my gf will kill me for wasting so much money :p

I thought I recognised the name when you got it off the other forum ! :D

My Girlfriend lives in Donny, I'm sure you won't mind me popping round for a butcher's..... :D ;)

Soldato
It's times like these I miss the days of working in my local games shop, the owner was big on getting new systems/games quickly imported at any cost to give extra credibility to the shop. Me and my mate used to babysit for him sometimes when he went clubbing, the shop was the most central place for it so me and my mate used to get paid £15 each + a free KFC just for sitting playing the latest titles until 3am while his kid slept in the back room.
I'll bet he's got a PS3 by now.

Back
Top Bottom