Nintendo Wii

Soldato
From the looks of things it may be hard to get from some of the mainstream retailers who have a lot of preorders to fill, however i think there will be enough around to get. Particularly from places like Asda/Tesco/Toys R Us etc.

Associate
Many places in the US sound like they are sold out after the launch yesterday so it looks likes you will either need to pre-order or get down to a shop on launch day. You probably won’t be able to just wander into a shop and pick one up.

Associate
I'm still debating whether to get one this side of xmas. I reckon March might be the sweet spot to buy one as with the PS3 coming out around then the shops might start dropping the Wii prices a little or doing some decent discounted bundles. Plus it gives it chance for any hardware/firmware bugs to be ironed out/recognised.

Associate
*Competitor* start taking pre orders tomorrow morning (or possibly 00:01 past midnight...)

They're only taking pre orders for the quantity they're guarenteed to recieve in the first batch, so earlier you order, the better your chances are.

Associate
OP
Sclodion said:
*Competitor* start taking pre orders tomorrow morning (or possibly 00:01 past midnight...)

They're only taking pre orders for the quantity they're guarenteed to recieve in the first batch, so earlier you order, the better your chances are.

cool many thanks guys for the help

Associate
Sclodion said:

aren't they considered a competitor now? anyway in their FAQs, it says:

"When will I be able to pre-order my Wii console?

From Tuesday, November 21, 2006, during UK business hours (9am - 5pm GMT). Order early, because the Wii console will be in very short supply. "

Soldato
I think if you're quick, even if you haven't pre-ordered, that you'll be fine picking one up on launch. It does seem as though there's a huge number of Wii's being distrubuted - in America and Japan at least!

Soldato
Just had a confirmation email that I will be getting one on day of release :) not that I can use it as its my wifes Christmas present. The email states that only 1 unit even if you ordered muliples will be dispatched, so maybe not in that good a supply??

Associate
I got a pre order in store from HMV, cost £30 so hopefully it won't be clogged with time wasters who will never even pick it up let alone pay a penny for it.

Reckon I will get it on launch day? it's for my birthday (comes out a week after it) so my mother did it and I'm not quite clued up on what the deal is with it.

Back
Top Bottom