Online Dating Things + My New Flatmate

Associate
I have just moved into a flat with a m8 from work and have found out he has been using Adult Friend Finder and plentyoffish.com to hook up with birds threw my history in Firefox

Now i dont see the point in these things, whats wrong with just going to a pub/club and picking up a bird. Hes not shy of anything so i dont understand what the craic is with it.

any of you lot use or thought about it? Having to pay a fee for the site when you could do it for free on a nite out seems a better option to me

Soldato
Quite possibly depends what he's looking for? If hes after sex (to put it bluntly) he may well pick up a bird from a pub/club. But perhaps he's looking for more of a soulmate/someone who has a lot in common with him, mabye he thinks he'll do better out of the 1000's of people on whatever site rather than whoever happens to be in some pub. No, I haven't used one of those sites :)

Soldato
I'd hardly call Adult Friend Finder a dating site. iirc there where reports of upto 80% of the "females" on there being hired by gangs and doing "shows" for money on webcams etc.

Gibbs said:
I have just moved into a flat with a m8 from work and have found out he has been using Adult Friend Finder and plentyoffish.com to hook up with birds threw my history in Firefox

Now i dont see the point in these things, whats wrong with just going to a pub/club and picking up a bird. Hes not shy of anything so i dont understand what the craic is with it.

any of you lot use or thought about it? Having to pay a fee for the site when you could do it for free on a nite out seems a better option to me

Theres nothing wrong with it at all, I certainly would'nt think about finding a serious partner down the local club that's for sure, anyway I'm a little more concernd why you find it necessary to post personal information about a friend on a public forum, it's not like his veiwing child pron, I've found links to sites like that and pron sites on my freinds computers before and I just disregard it, because I feel like I'm intruding into there personal domain and it's non of my business unless they want to discuss it with me.

Last edited:
Soldato
You do realise AFF is not a dating site... some of you are saying he wants more than sex, AFF is just that!

Soldato
FWIW, Plenty of fish is free, AFF however want to fleace you for quite a bit unless you are just curious (as I admit I have been a time or two when drunk) as to what kind of girls would be on there :o (its free to browse) they are also rumoured to never remove redunant user accounts to make their user numbers look better

Man of Honour
Gibbs said:
Now i dont see the point in these things, whats wrong with just going to a pub/club and picking up a bird.

Many people don't want to just pick up a random bird from a pub/club - you can't really get to know someone beforehand in a club. I've never used an internet dating site and hopefully never will but I can understand why people do and IMHO it's preferable to people in clubs.

Soldato
I can't see any problem with it at all though, I don't think we should judge people as long as they are happy.

Some people do things differently, that is all.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Shock horror me mate is using an agency to meet women :eek:

Jeez dude anyway you use to meet women is fine by me. Any excuse any way any reason. Personally i believe it's your duty to spread yourself as far and wide as possible, it's in your genes man.
The more women you meet the more chance that you will find THE ONE rather than end up with someone you don't love.
In my experience when you chat to a woman online she can be herself and natural rather than worried that you may Stalk her home or bother her.
She can really test the water with you without any risk to herself or her personal space. I find the women i chat to online are very open and it makes for a good way to start.
Never used an agency myself as i am more blatant and intercept them locally :p

Soldato
Meh... weird things can happen over the internet. I didn't think that I could start chatting and keeping touch with people over the web but it seems that it can happen...

Associate
I think u are more likely to get sex from the online dating as you can be as blunt and to the point as you like when hiding behind your screen, if no luck move onto the next one, where in a pub or club you may get a slap,and some nights there are just no birds about.

Soldato
BigRon said:
I think u are more likely to get sex from the online dating as you can be as blunt and to the point as you like when hiding behind your screen, if no luck move onto the next one, where in a pub or club you may get a slap,and some nights there are just no birds about.

You sound quite the charmer......

Associate
Lol.. Well im married now,but some people at certain ages would like some more lovin,so i think the internet is a much better place to find it. And cheaper, no buying loads of drinks. lol

Back
Top Bottom