any reason to move to TFT apart from space?

Man of Honour
You have to try them really. They can look a lot better than an average CRT, and the more gaming orientated TFTs with low response times are very good for what you need. Some people notice ghosting a lot more than others, and it's down to the idividual.

I personally wouldn't go back to CRT now, as I feel the technology has got to the point where I can't tell the difference any more. As I'm so anal about picture quality and stuff, I went for the best 19in 5:4 TFT I could get, the Viewsonic VP930.

Edit, I don't actually remember how I got to the monitors forum just then, but replied anyway, so feel free to tell me I'm talking semi-crap :o :p

Associate
... apart from space saving factor, maybe other "physical" advantages worth mentioning are:

- They are also long lasting & Eco-friendly - you have to think about saving the green planet Earth ;)
- They are causing the less eye fatique
- They have zero geometric distortion (perfect alignment of red, green, and blue pixels),
- No convergence issues (common for CRT products)
- Much brighter (resulting in more vivid colours)
- Doesn't suffer from image detoration (CRT colours and PQ is degrading over time as the phosphors in the tube are breaking down over time)

Back
Top Bottom