Zen Vison:m users - make them LOUDER !

Soldato
i love my Vison M. but the first thing i noticed was that it was very quiet.
on my old zen i wouldnt DARE turn it to 25 volume, but the vison was different

anyway i found that was because of the EU laws on bla bla bla.

you can install the US firmware from us.creative downloads, and there you have it ! no more volume restrictions.
hope this helps.
Rb

Soldato
R B CUSTOMS said:
i love my Vison M. but the first thing i noticed was that it was very quiet.
on my old zen i wouldnt DARE turn it to 25 volume, but the vison was different

anyway i found that was because of the EU laws on bla bla bla.

you can install the US firmware from us.creative downloads, and there you have it ! no more volume restrictions.
hope this helps.
Rb
Thinking of getting one for the wife are they better than other same priced brands?
Cheers

Associate
Can't get this to work on mine. Did have the 1.60.01e firmware on, tried to flash it with the US version but no joy. Even tried down grading to version 1.41 then upgrading to the US version 1.60.01. Still shows as 1.60.01e in the players system information.
Any ideas?

EDIT: Done it. Had to start it in recovery mode and remove the old firmware first.

Last edited:
Soldato
With USA firmware you can mess much more with EQ

I use

+12 -5 -5 -4 -2

Sounds extreem but works very well on the ZVM - this EQ only works well on US firmware.

Soldato
that does sound extreme :p

on my iriver h10, (rockbox baby, parametric eq ahoy) im using +8db @50hz, and @6DB @ 18khz. otherwise everything else is flat. completely ot but i was stunned when i put my 10 thru RMAA, the responce is very good. poor dynamic range and noise content though.

Last edited:
Soldato
james.miller said:
that does sound extreme :p

on my iriver h10, (rockbox baby, parametric eq ahoy) im using +8db @50hz, and @6db @ 18khz. otherwise everything else is flat. completely ot but i was stunned when i put my 10 thru RMAA, the responce is very good. poor dynamic range and noise content though.
James
Havent got a clue what the above means but ive just ordered one for the missus and i need to get it set up for crimbo morning.
can you post an idiots guide for the best settings/firmware etc. Or point me to a link.
cheers matey

Soldato
OP
Sparky191 said:
I suggest leaving the Vol cap in place and getting some IEM's or noise cancelling headphones so you don't go deaf.

ive got sony IN ear phones as well as beyer DT7700's
im not kidding, with the old firmware and the sony earphones maximum volume was a joke. now i dont take it more than about half way.

with the beyer DT's maximum pumps out a great volume, and i cant hear my compressor in the garage when im painting... which is a good thing :D

theres also a volume restricter so ive read... but i havnt looked for it yet so cant comment

glad soem peeps ahvefound this helpful

Associate
How are you all finding the new ones? My old Nomad's kicked the bucket, it still works but I can't transfer files to it (well, not without cracking it open, removing the drive and connecting it to my PC as a data drive every time...), so I'm thinking in terms of a zen vision 60gb. I liked the old one, the interface was buggy as all hell but it did what I wanted it to do (be massive, be cheap, have easily swapped batteries and good life)

Soldato
OP
Northwind said:
How are you all finding the new ones? My old Nomad's kicked the bucket, it still works but I can't transfer files to it (well, not without cracking it open, removing the drive and connecting it to my PC as a data drive every time...), so I'm thinking in terms of a zen vision 60gb. I liked the old one, the interface was buggy as all hell but it did what I wanted it to do (be massive, be cheap, have easily swapped batteries and good life)

im loving the viseion:m to be honest.
ive had Zens since the touch and sleek. and i really admire creative for refreshign their designs and comign up with new things... instead of making something that looks the same over and over again ;)
Rick

Associate
Sparky191 said:
I suggest leaving the Vol cap in place and getting some IEM's or noise cancelling headphones so you don't go deaf.

+1

Seriously, with a pair of EP-630 headphones I couldn't go up to more than 10 before it was too loud for me.
But if you want to go deaf at an early age be my guest ;)

Back
Top Bottom