Bike meets 12 year old, Seraphim meets asphalt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
OP
I'm glad you dudes enjoyed the hot hot MSPaint action and storytelling, it makes me feel all warm inside. Kind of like I've just swallowed a Phaal curry in one, only without the pain aspect. And the hot botty afterwards.

Here follows some injury extreme close-ups. They hurt worse than they look, honest!

injuries.jpg

Associate
Originally posted by Lostkat
Seraphim, may I present you with the prestigious

This Thread is MINT Award™

I apologise most humbly for laughing like a loony whilst reading your thread... but it was funny. Glad to hear you're ok and that the kid survived.

Amen to that sister :D

Quality pics, and glad your just about okay Seraphim

5 Stars for your pain & effort!

Last edited:
Associate
LOL! Shouldn't laugh I suppose but the way you wrote it is pretty funny :)

Wear your bloody helmets.
I'll second this. You might look like a tit but it's better than being dead. The only time I've had an accident whilst not wearing a lid I was seeing stars had a headache for a couple of days. I was turning a sharpish corner in the wet and took it too fast, back end of bike overtook the front and I creamed my face on the floor.

I always wear a pair of fingerless bike gloves too, saves some really painful gravel rash on your hands...

Man of Honour
OP
UPDATE TIME.

Just brought the poor bike back from the lamp-post it was temporarily locked to while I was recovering. Apart from a seriously wonky front wheel, it's been relieved of a few parts. Only the bar ends and rear LED light thing, but still :rolleyes:

Jimbo Mahoney, look away now, this is what has become of the bike I bought from you...

bike.jpg

Either the LED flashy thing was snapped off in the impact, or the tea leaves who took it are truly inept at the art of theivery, because all that's left is a snapped catch bit. So the simpleton vandals obviously couldn't cope with the catch mechanism and decided to snap it off instead... Ho hum.

Soldato
Originally posted by Lostkat
Seraphim, may I present you with the prestigious

This Thread is MINT Award™

I apologise most humbly for laughing like a loony whilst reading your thread... but it was funny. Glad to hear you're ok and that the kid survived.

What she said ^^^^ LMFAO!!

At least both parties were ok.

Man of Honour
I got to say I haven't laughed do much in a long time :p :p

then i came to the update and the tears began streaming down me face. :p

anyway mate hope yer ok but do you have any further information on the squashy one ?

Soldato
Originally posted by memphisto
do you have any further information on the squashy one ?

No.... Do you have any information on Hannah? Texted her yet? Seemed really nice of her to go to all that trouble for you. It's actually a refreshing change when people are nice for no reason (she has a boyfriend so I presume she wasn't trying to get in there). I'd send her some flowers or at least a thank you message.

Associate
lol, those ms paint pics really made this thread classic... ive been to bristol a couple of times, and i know park street, and the big hill (walking up it isnt fun)... and thanks to ur pics i pictured the whole event perfectly...

good to see you are alright though, shame about the bike... and theiving scum :mad:

Man of Honour
OP
Yeah, I'm going to go down to a florist tomorrow to sort out some flowerage for Hannah. That was the one thing that surprised me the most about the accident - so many people came and helped out and staying with me for over 3 hours is far and above the call of duty. Faith_in_humanity++.

No more updates on the squashy bike-magnet, might send him something as well, I still feel a bit guilty for smacking into him so hard. A flaming poo in a box is out of the question, though, no matter how justified. :D

As a final twist to the story, my watch seems to have gone haywire since. It's a Seiko Automatic (cheapy Kinetic - no quartz) and it's gaining about 5 minutes every hour. It now says it's 10:35. Does that mean I'm travelling into the future?

GREAT SCOTT!
greatscott.jpg

Soldato
Originally posted by Seraphim
GREAT SCOTT!
greatscott.jpg

ROFL... you may have just stumbled into a world of biopolar-dimentionally-messed-up-ness.

or u might actually have bernads watch... press a button and u might stop time.

worth a go :D

Associate
Pah! Park Street!! You should try St. Michael's or Constitution Hill... there's also the hill behind the children's hospital which has a brick wall at the end that you can throw yourself at.

Me thinks you were trying to get the attention of the pink and baby blue pashmina sporting girly Sloanes - that's one way to meet the ladies ;)

Glad to hear you are ok though mate and that the other party was ok too.

Five stars to the thread and your injuries.

Pj

Soldato
My worst bike accident was on the canal, about 8:00 PM one early summer evening, belting along as one does, not a soul anywhere, I happen upon a boat moored against the bank. What I did not see in the twilight was that the boats mooring ropes were tied ACROSS the path at ANKLE HEIGHT to the fence on the other side of the path.

The bike came to a very abrupt halt. I did not.

I now have three crowns in the front of my upper jaw. microseconds before i hit the towpath there were teeth there. Anyone who has undergone, or is going to undergo a double dose of root canal thereapy in one night, you have my sympathy and understanding.

glad you're ok and 5*

Last edited:
Associate
i once ran over a dog on a path- stupid owner didnt have it on a leash. Not had any severe bike crashes myself though (apart from breaking 3 fingers in one hand once). Brother has knocked out 5 of his front teeth and broken his jaw in 4 places though (not great having to phone your parents to tell them their son is in an ambulance going off to A&E :().

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom