Anyone else affected by last night's storms?

Bes

Bes

Soldato
OP
Wolf11 said:
Eek ..thats a big tree ... lucky no one was hurt ! ... I assume you would have to make a few seperate claims for each vehicles policy etc ! .Unless the tree was on council land or something in which case you would possibly claim against them !
No it sits in our garden unfortunatley.... Insurance should all be OK!

Soldato
Hardly affected but i had the window open and the wind blew it shut, it scared the **** out of me.

Neither the less it was really windy outside.

Soldato
Just found broken glass covering my back yard, forgot i'd stored the windows from the old 1303 bug on the roof of the shed (flat roof, sloping towardsa wall), wind has picked up te two smallest windows, slid them UP the roof of the shed, then down into the yard.

Had a smashing time :eek:

Associate
Wow big tree. I know its the last thing on your mind but that looks like some nice straight timber there of some good diameter. I'd phone around some local saw mills to try and sell it to them. You'd make a few hundred quid. I've seen other trees come over and land on houses they were covered by the insurance.

Soldato
In all fairness a tree that size so near to your property should have been inspected for rot/cut down. Looks as though the root base just snapped off.

Associate
I came home at 2:00 in the morning last night to be greeted by my next door neighbours scafolding and roof tiles falling down. looked pretty cool when it came down but it damaged the front of my house!

Caporegime
Severe gales here now in Houghton-Le-Spring Nr. Washington/Sunderland. :(

Watching the Salisbury FA match on the beeb, bloody sunny there and hardly a breeze compared to here, its lashing down as well.

Soldato
Bit scary last night here, wind was blowing some loose planks off some scaffolding directly across the road, one plank came down and was so close to taking out the neighbour's car.

Caporegime
We had a light gale in Plymouth last night, not really much to talk about, especially as its been like that for most of the last couple of weeks. It seems there was a 21ft swell that went straight over the breakwater last sunday (very rare) so last nights didn't compare. :p

Sorry about the house dude. :(

Bes

Bes

Soldato
OP
norm said:
In all fairness a tree that size so near to your property should have been inspected for rot/cut down. Looks as though the root base just snapped off.
Except when you have a tree preservation order on your property, you can't touch it, and the tree looked 100% healthy and leaved healthily every year

Soldato
we were lucky a few weeks ago we had a huge old tree cut down, im pretty sure it would have been blown over last night

Associate
Amp34, light gale??? What time was this?

I was out and got home about 4am and it was awful, could barely walk from taxi to front door was that windy.

Cracking night up until walking to get a cab and getting soaked and blown about though.

Not too much damage from what i've seen though, just some light flooding in places i guess.

Suspended
I think saying it was a "mini hurricane" is a bit much, but it was certainly a fairly well organised cyclone.

It was a little windy in Middlesbrough last night, raining now and still a little gusty.

Caporegime
Ranek said:
Amp34, light gale??? What time was this?

I was out and got home about 4am and it was awful, could barely walk from taxi to front door was that windy.

Cracking night up until walking to get a cab and getting soaked and blown about though.

Not too much damage from what i've seen though, just some light flooding in places i guess.

Lol

Well that was from about 11pm til 3am (i fell asleep after that). The weather forecat for Plymouth wasnt bad either. In comparison to what we have had in the last two weeks it was only slightly above average. :p

You a student here or a local?

Back
Top Bottom