network to pc, then to another pc

sorry about title, tried to be quick and descritive.

what i need help with is setting up my computer and the second one i have to share the interenet. i have at the moment, the internet connected to a network, which then gives it out to another 7/8 computers, not sure how many, its as many places there arte in the back, one of thosecomputers being this one. What im looking for is for a way to then give that interent to another cmoputer running xp from conneting to this one, whilst still keeping the net avaiable on this one.

The sharing will only be for short periods of time, when i have gf round and we both want pc and also if i want to play a game with brother in same room.

before people say try it yourself i have, with a very bad affect of loosing the interenet completely and now only works if i tell it to assign an IP auto rather then use such and such.

I tired using the wizard before which said set up a n advanced conection so other computer can connect to it, it didn't work, neither did set up a home network.

what i have is the onboard network card, a marvell something, and a network card plugged in which is what the network plugs into. Is it best this way round to have the network to the network card, then it shares through the onbaord? or should i do it the other way round?

ok so now what do i need to do to set up a connectino between the 2 without making me loose the net?

Associate
I read that as him already having a router.

In any case I had to do this a few weeks ago. My first ethernet port was connected to the router and my second to another PC. We set the TCP/IP properties of both so that they were both on the same IP range with the first PC's IP set as the gateway. Enabled internet sharing on that connection and away it went.

Back
Top Bottom