Permabanned
Motherboard boot problem

EPoX EP-9NPA motherboard '7f' postcode

I looked up the error code and I get the following text:

1. Switch back to text mode if full screen logo is supported,
-if errors occur, report errors and wait for keys,
-if no errors occur or the F1 key is pressed to continue:,
Clear EPA or customization logo.

Nothing shows up on the screen but all the fans are spinning etc. I've tried pressing f1, and tried holding down DEL/INS.

I'm running this along side a 3700+ and a 6600gt and 1gb 3200 RAM.

I have tried resetting the CMOS, and also unplugging all IDE drives, but Ialways get the same errors.

Would a bios update help? I have no floppy drive so would I be able to update the bios?

(I have a CD drive)

I have googled this error code and there doesn't seen to be a single correct solution for this problem.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
if your board needs a 24pin power supply you need to fit it with a 24 pin supply. has your power supply not got the other 4pin block to make it 24 pin?

make sure you dont connect the ATX 12v supply because you will probably blow the board up.

if your psu hasnt got the extra wire to make a 24pin connector i think you can get an adaptor so have a look about for one

Permabanned
OP
It does have a 4 pin block, but that is for a plugging into a seperate socket on the motherboard.

Is the fact that I don't have the correct plug/socet combo likely to have caused the problem I'm getting?

Soldato
im not sure what the error code is for your board but i cant see your computer working when you have 4 power cables missing.

your main power supply should look like this if you need a 24pin power supply

dsc00027.jpg

what power supply have you got?

Permabanned
OP
Its a '500W golden silent'

It has a 20 pin plug, as well as a 4 pin plug, however the motherboard has a seperate socket in which the 4 pin plug needs to be plugged into. The motherboard manual says that both the connectors (pw1 and pw12) must be used simultaneously.

Associate
Unconditional said:
Its a '500W golden silent'

It has a 20 pin plug, as well as a 4 pin plug, however the motherboard has a seperate socket in which the 4 pin plug needs to be plugged into. The motherboard manual says that both the connectors (pw1 and pw12) must be used simultaneously.

Id start by getting a new power supply, a good branded ATX2.2 one doesnt cost much nowadays, look at the hiper range.

It looks like your '500W golden silent' isnt supplying enough power as well as not having the extra 4 pins (as shown in the pic) idealy it needs. A good powersupply is probably the most important part a decent pc.

P.s. whatever you do, dont plug the 4pin plug you mentioned into the main power socket ;)

Soldato
A 500 Watt Golden Silent is a £22.33 including VAT PSU.

EPOX used to say on their website (I can't find the page now) that not all PSU's are created equal, and strongly advised against the likes of Q-Tec PSUs.

Your golden silent isn't much better spec than a Q-Tec, so that may well be the problem.

Maybe a post here might help.

List of postcodes here.

Last edited:
Soldato
Get a new PSU. FSP Sparkle AX500-A Blue Storm 500W ATX2.0 PSU and make sure you attach the 4 pin connector to the 20 pin one, and then plug the other 4 pin connector on the mobo which provides seperate power to the CPU.

Back
Top Bottom