Kid arrested for opening xmas present!

Soldato
Ok, sorry that I can't vouch for the reliability but

A South Carolina boy, 12, was arrested Sunday morning after his mother called police to report that he had unwrapped a Christmas present without her permission. According to a Rock Hill Police Department report (a copy of which you'll find below), the child opened a Nintendo Game Boy, though he had been directed not to by family members. When the boy's mother learned that the $85 gift had been opened, she called cops, who charged the juvenile with petty larceny. In an interview with The Herald newspaper, the boy's mother, a 27-year-old single parent, described her son as a disruptive child, noting that she hoped his arrest would serve as a corrective to disorderly behavior at school and home.

Source HERE

Mat

Mat

Soldato
The last thing I would say to a child of that age is "there is a present for you, dont open it" (or words to that effect). The one and only thing it will encourage the kid to do is to want to open the darn present!

Associate
Sinizterguy said:
Bloody parents who dont what being a parent means ....

Eh??

Seems to me like she is trying to do a better job at raising decent kids than many people today. She feels like the kid is going off the rails and needs a sharp shock to prevent it happening, fair play to her for being responsible enough to make the decision and follow it through.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6213012.stm

Kids Mother said:
"It's not even about the Christmas present," she said.

"I'd rather call (the police) myself than someone else call for him doing something worse."

Back
Top Bottom