This forums preoccupation with Muslims.

Caporegime
badgermonkey said:
Again referring to my point up there, what about people who's ancestry traces back to eg Norman times or whatever, and recently converted? Ar ethey also at blame?

Your religion is irrelevant to British citizenship - they'd still be British.

I think people are missing my point somewhat. I've always maintained that the countries with the most enlightened immigration policy are middle eastern countries like the UAE. They basically say, if you can get a job here you're welcome to come here, you're welcome to bring your wife and kids here too and enjoy our better quality of life and extremely low taxes - you can even put up some churches if you wish. However you won't be entitled to any benefits whatsoever, and if you become unemployed for a certain period of time or break the law you must leave (in fact, we can probably deport you if we just feel like it). You will never become a citizen of the UAE either, so once you retire you will have to leave as well.

Soldato
starscream said:
Interesting isn't it that he obviously sees a BNP signature as diometrically oppossed to "Hate Racism", yet the BNP take great lengths to persuede us that they are not in fact a racist party.

Either that or they just hate music :p

Thought the same :)

Soldato
scorza said:
Your religion is irrelevant to British citizenship - they'd still be British.

I think people are missing my point somewhat. I've always maintained that the countries with the most enlightened immigration policy are middle eastern countries like the UAE. They basically say, if you can get a job here you're welcome to come here, you're welcome to bring your wife and kids here too and enjoy our better quality of life and extremely low taxes - you can even put up some churches if you wish. However you won't be entitled to any benefits whatsoever, and if you become unemployed for a certain period of time or break the law you must leave (in fact, we can probably deport you if we just feel like it). You will never become a citizen of the UAE either, so once you retire you will have to leave as well.

yeah but they woudl not stop praying to the east for fear of insulting those few people of different religions in their country.

Caporegime
gjrc said:
yeah but they woudl not stop praying to the east for fear of insulting those few people of different religions in their country.

There's more than a few non-muslims over there now ;) I can only lol at the thought of some human-rights group telling Sheik Mo that they shouldn't celebrate Eid quite so much as its offending all the non-muslims :p

Soldato
lots of people have already posted their beliefs on this, looks like some of them (including me) are gonna have to do it again !!

Yes, if you are a muslim then by all means practice your faith, its apparently incredibly personal and important to you, and more power to you.

Now this is fine, but what i do object to is being the 'infidel' just because i dont subscribe to the same religion and values as you, and being classed as a lesser person because i dont belive in 'your' god. To be honest, this whole country has gone to the dogs, i mean i ask you. My daughter at nursery school sings the new nursery rhyme 'Bah Bah Wooly sheep' because 'Bah Bah black sheep was offensive' and the teacher now writes on a 'Chalk board' as 'Black board' is offensive, and why does this annoy me? because you give some people and inch and they want a mile. I wander what would happen if i was to move to an islamic country and say "Right, i have arrived, using a false name as you dont know one ghora from the next, and here is what i would like, a Christian church please, built for me so i can worship MY god, a nice slice of your benefit system please, oh and while i am at it certain words or the context of which they are used offends me, so i would like them banned to'

i dont think i would get very far.

This counrty promotes racism. end of

in 1996 my marriage ended (yes, i am that old) i went to the council and said 'I have been made homeless through no fault of my own, as it went to court and my ex-wife won the house' and they said 'I am sorry, your a single man in your 20's we can put you on the housing list but its gonna take between 12 to 20 years to house you'. The following month 30,000 kurdish refugees where shipped into Glasgow and housed immediately. And is this meant to incite racial harmony ?!?!?!

If people of others faiths want to come here from other countries, i am all for that. As long as they buy into the premise of 'When in Rome' obey the rules, live like everyone does, give to your community, accept that we dont all worship Allah or Muhammad, and in general dont take the p!ss and we will all get on fine ...

If your a muslim born in the UK, and are acctually a UK national, but subscribe to this Hes-Bola theory of kill honky, then ******* shame on you. The UK feeds you, clothes you, gives you a home and opportunity, and this is how you repay her? by biting the hand that feeds you?

The laws need to be changed, to promote harmony with muslims that live here, and want to integrate with general life here, and to deal far more harshly with any fundementalist of any faith, i mean, it just annoys me, People crying out for help, people saying at how much they want to live here, and be part of things, they get let in, then start taking the michael ...

gets off his soap box

Associate
One More Solo said:
Muslim Thread

Why, oh why did you even mention Muslim in here? :eek: :eek: :)

I'll be back later once this thread has reached 15 pages and people have wasted 1000+ man hours reading and writing posts in this thread when they should have been....
a) at work
b) at school/college
c) doing something more interesting. ;)

Permabanned
Toryglen-boy said:
Now this is fine, but what i do object to is being the 'infidel' just because i dont subscribe to the same religion and values as you, and being classed as a lesser person because i dont belive in 'your' god.

Have you ever been called an infidel peronally? If you are not a Muslim, then by definition you are in infidel (non-believer) in their eyes. In the same way that you would be a blasphemer if you reject certain ideas of Christianity. I honestly don't see why you would take offence.

Toryglen-boy said:
To be honest, this whole country has gone to the dogs, i mean i ask you. My daughter at nursery school sings the new nursery rhyme 'Bah Bah Wooly sheep' because 'Bah Bah black sheep was offensive' and the teacher now writes on a 'Chalk board' as 'Black board' is offensive, and why does this annoy me? because you give some people and inch and they want a mile.

What on earth does that have to do with Muslims? Have you ever seem a Muslim campaign or Lobby for changing the words of nursery rhymes?

Toryglen-boy said:
I wander what would happen if i was to move to an islamic country and say "Right, i have arrived, using a false name as you dont know one ghora from the next, and here is what i would like, a Christian church please, built for me so i can worship MY god, a nice slice of your benefit system please, oh and while i am at it certain words or the context of which they are used offends me, so i would like them banned to'

So in your opinion, we should treat immigrants only as their country of origin is preceived to treat UK nationals? What an appalling viewpoint. You say this country is going to the dogs and then complain when when we should a more tollerent attitute to foreign cultures than other nations. Oh, you are also aware that immigrants on average take less benefits than UK nationals and pay more taxes, or are you not able to see beyond the Dail Mail headlines?

Last edited:
Soldato
I have to aggree with some of the stuff Toryglen-boy said, no other country would allow what we have for other religions, maybe thats a good bad thing, each to their own, hell even the french wouldnt let them get away with stuff :o

Associate
WIBSBOT said:
Why, oh why did you even mention Muslim in here? :eek: :eek: :) QUOTE]

Maybe he meant the craft material muslim?

Yeah I got work to do. I'll go and think up ways to offend people in my own time. :eek: < - - - Touch of frostbite this smilie has. :o <- Santa: "Damn i forgot to put the fire out again" smilie

Caporegime
Fireskull said:
but does a muslim person consider themselves british :confused:

Yes most of them do, well a lot of my muslim friends consider themselves to be as british as Nick Griffen from the BNP :p. Granted there are morons out there who are muslim but dont consider themselves to be british and tbh they are the ones who are making life more difficult for the rest of peace loving, tree huggin muslims:p.

Funnily enough i agree with CBS and his comments..surprise surprise:eek:, never thought id be one to admit that but he does make a salient point. I think this whole...oh **** blame the dirty muslims for everything that goes wrong in this country!!!111!!! is kinda getting tiring and extremely boring. Hell why not blame England losing 2 tests in the Ashes on the muslims??. Seems like its the 'in-thing' to do...whats the next OCUK fad people???

Seriously some of you must lead a very sheltered life to keep bringing up this boring and stupid topic again..again and AGAIN...

Permabanned
Spawn said:
Yes most of them do, well a lot of my muslim friends consider themselves to be as british as Nick Griffen from the BNP :p. Granted there are morons out there who are muslim but dont consider themselves to be british and tbh they are the ones who are making life more difficult for the rest of peace loving, tree huggin muslims:p.

Funnily enough i agree with CBS and his comments..surprise surprise:eek:, never thought id be one to admit that but he does make a salient point. I think this whole...oh **** blame the dirty muslims for everything that goes wrong in this country!!!111!!! is kinda getting tiring and extremely boring. Hell why not blame England losing 2 tests in the Ashes on the muslims??. Seems like its the 'in-thing' to do...whats the next OCUK fad people???

Seriously some of you must lead a very sheltered life to keep bringing up this boring and stupid topic again..again and AGAIN...

Otherwise christmas would be like this

Soldato
Spacky said:
Otherwise christmas would be like this

Isnt it already
veilxmas.jpg

*From the other thread*

Caporegime
gjrc said:
and people wonder why people are getting ****** off

:mad: :mad:

Hmmm so why blame the muslims for this??, why not for once blame the moronic PC culture that seems to be oh so prevalent here in the UK.

Honestly sometimes im shocked at the amount of PC-ness thats rife here in the UK, ive been to many other countries and ive never witnessed or seen anything on the scale we have here...

Soldato
I'm starting to see a pattern here. In the media there are a few people who make some idiotic comments and all of a sudden it's all muslim want christmas banned. Then I come on here and a few people do the same, but this time saying 'Muslims want to ban christmas send 'em back' and that's all that get's talked about?

Why not ignore these few people instead of adding coal to the fire?

Soldato
Spawn said:
Hmmm so why blame the muslims for this??, why not for once blame the moronic PC culture that seems to be oh so prevalent here in the UK.

Honestly sometimes im shocked at the amount of PC-ness thats rife here in the UK, ive been to many other countries and ive never witnessed or seen anything on the scale we have here...

i dont blame just the muslims to be honest. the Pc culture is to blame, but that all starts somewhere. i.e a worker complaining about decorations becuase they offend. one person complaining about a crucifix a fellow employee is wearing etc etc.

its not without basis this PC culture. its started by small minded people usually of a minority religion who thrust all this upon us.

Soldato
I have a problem with the amount of people in this country (and on these forums) who have an "us and them" attitude.

This world is full of people, all different. It shouldn't matter what your religious beliefs are as to whether you should be allowed to live in a country. Or even just to be respected.

Sure there are some crazy people who are Muslims, but there are also too many crazy Christians and crazy athiests as well. Islam has nothing more to do with the crimes of terrorits and other criminals, than Christianity does whenever some pervert priest abuses a child. And yet our media reports one as "Islamic Fundamentalism" and the other as "some pervert individual".

Back
Top Bottom