OCZ , Cellshock, Corsiar -> confused!!!

Associate
I'm concidering getting OCZ ATI Crossfire Memory (even though I might go single 8800gtx)

As my board will be XFire 975x board.

is it worth it, is dominator or XMS better? should i pay a little extra for cellshock.

Will the new chips on the cellshock work ok on my ASUS P5WDG2-WS PRO Mobo?

I do not want to get Geil before people recommend, I've seen to many problem post not just at OCUK and rightly or wrongly am steering clear of them.

so is OCZ a good choice.

I want to OC and have bought an E6700, so would like some advice.

cheers 1DMF

Man of Honour
If you are going for a 975X board then you'd prolly be better off going for some Micron D9GMH based RAM...

OCZ Makes some lovely stuff but be aware that some 975X boards won't set the voltage they need to bootup, although some of the newer revisions of the problematic OCZ ram should work fine...

TBH I'd stay away from corsair and geil - the number of threads I've seen of people having to RMA one or both sticks of this RAM is rediculous...

I have no experience with the cellshock RAM, but personally I'd put my money on either OCZ or G.Skill.

Associate
OP
but seings as you can't ask your supplier for a specific batch number, buying 6400 expecting it to be the 8000 chips could leave you very dissapointed.

Back
Top Bottom