New NEC 26" arriving at OcUK soon and WOW what a monitor!!

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Well I've been in discussion with NEC regarding this panel for a month now regarding pricing and ETA.
The good news the product is now in production and due for delivery in January next year. The even better news is OcUK will be the only UK based etailor with product in stock too ship.

We are just finalising the shipping specifications and trying to improve the pricing, but take a look at these specifications:-
NEC MultiSync® LCD2690WUXi 26" Widescreen LCD Monitor - Black
MO-016-NE_400.jpg

The new MultiSync LCD2690WUXi display from NEC display solutions boast a 26" display size, 16:10 widescreen format and a resolution 1920x1200, ensuring extremely high image quality. It is specifically designed for professional use for graphic design, CAD/CAM and DTP applications. The large screen size, widescreen format, and accurate colour reproduction also make the product ideal for the display of financial information, document processing, public display, broadcasting, gaming, home cinema and mult-media applications.
More and more companies are looking to wide format as the display of the future. Many are evaluating the move to Microsoft Vista and recognise that wide format displays will offer the extra screen space required to display Vista 'gadgets' and tool bars alongside regular applications. NEC's wide format displays will also fulfill requirements to invest in energy saving technologies and to improve work place ergonomics for staff helping to increase productivity.
The new flagship product within the NEC Display Solutions high-end series widescreen range offers some of the most sophisticated display technology available. It's 26" screen allows two A4 pages to be viewed side by side, with extra space for additional tools for windows. Pin-sharp picture quality is assured thanks to the 1920x1200 resolution and a larger distance between pixels (0,287mm) reduces eye strain. The new H-IPS A-TW Pol panel offers exceptionally wide horizontal and vertical viewing angles of 178% without colour shift. This ensure an excellent view of the panel from any angle, making the product ideal where multi-monitor applications are needed such as financial trading.

- 1920 x 1200 (WSXGA) Optimum Resolution
- 16.7 Million Colours
- 800:1 Contrast Ratio
- 8ms Response Time
- Overdrive off/on option
- Adjustable Backlight (Great for improving blacks in dark rooms)
- 400 cd/m2 Brightness (Adjustable)
- One Analogue Input
- One DVI Input
- VESA mounting compatible
- Warranty : 3 years onsite supplied by Manufacturer

The price I am trying to get supported lower by NEC direct. Basically told them it needs to be in-between the DELL 24" and 30" pricing wheras at the moment its closer to the 30" price. Hoping I can further reduce our price by approx £50-£100 with some support from NEC.

However I think this could be the panel of choice, 26" so an ideal gaming size but it still holds the resolution of 1920x1200 making the strain on GPU's nowhere near as bad 2560x1600 resolution. Plus if the monitor does have the overdrive, backlight adjustment features this could be a corker. :)

BUY NOW!!

Associate
rezza said:
Personally I find anything above a 32 inch desktop monitor like a TV.

Very true, I cannot think of anyone in the right state of mind purchasing 57 inch as a monitor

Associate
Well, each pixel being the size of a basketball it will be quite noticable when one doesnt work. Although I could see that monitor sitting in my room, it would be heaven.

And since Diablo 2 is the only game I play, it would be funny seeing as the max resolution on that game is 800x600. It already looks funny enough on my 20".

Associate
I've read the LCD2690WUXi supports HDCP over the DVI inputs and has a full range of aspect modes (1:1, Fill, Aspect mode and custom). Might be worth adding that to the spec list. I think I'll get one of these over the BenQ when I have the cash. Does the current price include the extra £50-100 you were trying to negociate Gibbo?

Last edited:
Associate
I'm really interested in the 26", will OCUK be one of the cheapest in the UK with these monitors. Also how do their HD LCDs compare to other HDTVs or are they just the same.

OcUK Staff
OP
Murzo said:
I'm really interested in the 26", will OCUK be one of the cheapest in the UK with these monitors. Also how do their HD LCDs compare to other HDTVs or are they just the same.

We shall be the only ones with stock, NEC have a limited production and I've bought the lot. :D

Associate
Gibbo said:
The price I am trying to get supported lower by NEC direct. Basically told them it needs to be in-between the DELL 24" and 30" pricing wheras at the moment its closer to the 30" price. Hoping I can further reduce our price by approx £50-£100 with some support from NEC.
Adjusting this monitor price within the similar price bracket as Dell is a good challenge. Not only because those two companies are simply not comparable (as display manufactures), but also because 90 series of NEC monitors includes every possible ASIC ever developed by NEC (if we exclude the LED backlight technology, pioneered by NEC and integrated in SpectraView Reference 21). That usually comes with the price. In some sense, NEC 90 series monitors are in completely different league then Dell, they are made to do completely different things and generally speaking I would be really surprised to see similarity in pricing.

Gibbo said:
However I think this could be the panel of choice, 26" so an ideal gaming size but it still holds the resolution of 1920x1200 making the strain on GPU's nowhere near as bad 2560x1600 resolution. Plus if the monitor does have the overdrive, backlight adjustment features this could be a corker. :)
Indeed. Although 90 series are usually tagged as mid-budget colour critical monitors, I don't see any particular reason why users shouldn't have "multimedia" fun too. This monitor is PACKED with features and it should enrich any display experience with natural, nicely balanced colours and superb display stability, focus and uniformity.

.... just came to my mind (almost forgot), not so long ago (in October) I did have a small write up about this monitor on TFTcentral news article here. If anyone is interested, take a look ;)

Mud

Mud

Soldato
The 32" seems like a bit of a duck...poor contrast and price, but the other models are looking good. Not enough to make me regret my 30" Dell, but would've certainly tempted me away from the 24" Dells. The 57" must be a beautiful thing. 10+ in stock? :eek:

Associate
Lolcb said:
Very true, I cannot think of anyone in the right state of mind purchasing 57 inch as a monitor
This "monitor" is destined for public displays ... at least this is how it's manufactured and presented by NEC. It doesn't belong to the consumer sector, but hey ... if anyone is adventurous enough (and rich) it could be a good fun. ;) For the rest of us, mortals, obviously classifying as and recommending this monitor for PC monitor usage is 100% crazy thing to do.

Back
Top Bottom