POSTING PHOTOS

Associate
I've seen some great photos and would like to post some of my own. I have tried to find instructions on how to do this but got nowhere. Please could you give me some simple instructions - I'm not a computer buffy - need to know the resolution the photos should be taken originally, and how they get posted or attached to the forum. Thanks.

JOHN

Soldato
Host the image on some webspace or on a site like www.imageshack.us

Then, you want to copy the link and place it in IMG tags... like this...

image.jpg

Associate
Captured resolution doesn't really matter, go to www.imageshack.us and upload your pictures at whatever resolution your camera captured them at, but post the thumbnail link not the direct one when you come to making a post. I tend to start a new thread, upload image, copy and paste thumbnail url, go back on imageshack, upload next image, copy and paste thumbnail etc. until all pics are uploaded. There is a limit of how many pictures you can have per post though, so every four pictures make a post, then add another.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
paradigm said:
A decent version of the blue-E brigade software will also have no problem with pop-ups.

Does a decent version of it actually exist? I'll admit that I haven't tried IE7 yet, maybe they did vastly improve things.

At any rate, we're veering slightly OT here :) Suffice to say, I use two places to put up pics - Imageshack, or tinypic. I use Imageshack for larger stuff, as tinypic always times out for me when I try and upload something particularly big.

Back
Top Bottom