CELEBRITIES

Associate
Why is it that these "nobody's who have just got lucky" can get away with any law breaking activity. Pete who ever he is, you know the smackhead boy friend of who who ever gets off with yet another dug related crime. Paris Hilton gets nothing for drink driving and so on. If the media did not write and feature these people they would not be where they are, they then abuse the privilage. Britain is obsessed with this "celebrity" crap. There is more to life than fame obsessed air heads.

Soldato
Lowrider said:
Why is it that these "nobody's who have just got lucky" can get away with any law breaking activity. Pete who ever he is, you know the smackhead boy friend of who who ever gets off with yet another dug related crime. Paris Hilton gets nothing for drink driving and so on. If the media did not write and feature these people they would not be where they are, they then abuse the privilage. Britain is obsessed with this "celebrity" crap. There is more to life than fame obsessed air heads.

calm down dear

Tru

Tru

Soldato
Pete Doherty is very talented and deserves to be well know for his music. I've no idea how often he's arrested and for what crime because it's of absolutely no interest to me. He could be injecting crack into puppies eyes for all I care.

Associate
OP
robmiller said:
Don't buy the papers and don't pay attention to them, then. It's not the media's fault, it's the morons' who buy into it.

You are correct. And I don't buy the papers. I just happened upon this piece of news which was in the office and a debate started. Got to go, Jades just walked past.

Associate
OP
Tru said:
Pete Doherty is very talented and deserves to be well know for his music. I've no idea how often he's arrested and for what crime because it's of absolutely no interest to me. He could be injecting crack into puppies eyes for all I care.

Not a good example though is it?.

Soldato
Tru said:

lol - talented my hairy arse!

Tru

Tru

Soldato
Lowrider said:
Not a good example though is it?.
Rock stars have never really been a good example though. Look at the Rolling Stones. They did more drugs in one afternoon than most of us get through in a year, yet they're still rockin', and multi millionaires.
aardvark said:
lol - talented my hairy arse!
Well that's a different thread entirely.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Like Tru says it's nothing new.
Beatles taking hash to Japan (i think)
Stones = Stoned.
Hendrix = far out there :p
Janice Joplin etc etc etc etc
Even Freud was a Coke head, drug taking has been a pass time of humans since day one. Who cares ?

All people have mitigation to offer before the sentence.
Obviously if a successful Musician or TV star etc then you will have your Own income your Own house and a future. Also you will be able to afford good treatment etc. All this adds up to Excellent mitigation which is why they generally get a walk out.

Do they rob for there drugs, No.
Have they a decent stable home life. Yes.
Are they able to get help and afford it etc. Yes.
Can they afford the fine. Yes.
Has there crime effected anyone else. No.
How much has the process of getting caught/shamed etc effected them personally etc.
All this is what decides on sentence and it would be the same whether known or unknown.

Soldato
People get off all the time, it's got nothing to do with being famous. The only part being famous plays is that you know about it at all.

Think about it, whats more likely - the crusty old judge is so starry eyed he bends the law and lets celebs off, or people get let off for all sorts of reasons and you only really hear about the celebs?

Associate
Telescopi said:
People get off all the time, it's got nothing to do with being famous. The only part being famous plays is that you know about it at all.

Think about it, whats more likely - the crusty old judge is so starry eyed he bends the law and lets celebs off, or people get let off for all sorts of reasons and you only really hear about the celebs?

Exactly people who know the right people get let off all the time. It's just that you only hear about the celebs being let off.

I know of people who have been arrested/attended court and been let off only because of who they are and who they know.

Permabanned
Tru said:

Pete Doherty is the single biggest contributer to douchebagery in Britain.

and it is unfair, the amount of times he's been caught for drugs, alcohol and other douchebagarius antics would warrant a long lonesome imprisonment for most.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Her arm is Not tied off and her veins can not be seen in that picture.
It is much more likely that he was removing the needle.
It's common practise for smax heads to gouche out with a needle in there arm/body.
What would you do ? Leave it in.

Tru

Tru

Soldato
Phalanx said:
Pete Doherty is the single biggest contributer to douchebagery in Britain.

and it is unfair, the amount of times he's been caught for drugs, alcohol and other douchebagarius antics would warrant a long lonesome imprisonment for most.

Not really. I've no idea of the details of his charges but I very much doubt he avoids prison because he's famous. He might get let off because he can afford a good lawyer but that's different.

Back
Top Bottom