Hidden Source - Best mod ive played in ages.

Soldato
Last week i started playing Zombie mod for CS, and i thought. Hey this is fun...

but then i found "The Hidden" mod online and after reading up i decided to download it. Boy am i glad i did!

this is the best mod ive played in a long long time. It has the same new feel that CS had back in beta 5.2 for me. It just oozes quality.

I totally suck at it, but the tension when you are the only man left and you know you are being watched is awesome. You spend a lot of time blind firing, but when you get your chance being the Hidden, then you get to wreak your havoc on the other 8 players.

Basically, for anyone who doesnt know...

Servers are 9 man
1 man is "The hidden" (a freak experiment, invisible, with heat vision and alien style leaps)
8 are marines sent to kill "The Hidden"

The maps are small enough but brilliantly designed, when you hear footsteps or see water splash and only a blur you cack your pants.

There is atmospheric music and a lot of fun to be had.

Google Hiddensource mod and download it!

Servers are few and far between, but ive been pinging well and enjoying trying it out.

Associate
It's great, but best played with friends. "good" hidden players are vital, like ones who will taunt you with the voice taunts to scare your team. :D Unfortunately when I played it a few weeks back there were very few servers and even fewer players who knew how to play properly, just a bunch of idiots TK'ing and stuff...

Soldato
OP
HicRic said:
It's great, but best played with friends. "good" hidden players are vital, like ones who will taunt you with the voice taunts to scare your team. :D Unfortunately when I played it a few weeks back there were very few servers and even fewer players who knew how to play properly, just a bunch of idiots TK'ing and stuff...

Well ive just been playing on a pretty good server.

82.71.218.31:27015

is the ip for it. No one was tking, and occasionally there was a good Hidden, but it didnt have the voice taunting going on. unfortunately :(

Great seeing corpses of your team mates strung up to scare you lol

Associate
this mod is great fun, but played at a small lan and it gets 10x better, hearing up to five people screaming as they got scared and all start firing blindly is a sight to behold, especially funny when you're the hidden :)

Mp4

Mp4

Soldato
theo said:
this mod is great fun, but played at a small lan and it gets 10x better, hearing up to five people screaming as they got scared and all start firing blindly is a sight to behold, especially funny when you're the hidden :)

Heheh sounds fun :p i can just imagine peeps screaming like girls :eek:

Permabanned
the zombie infection mod for CS is really good i play it all the time , you dont even have to download anything just new maps etc , in server filters in steam in the maps space put zm and it will find all the servers running zombie mod for anyone who hasnt yet.

Soldato
they updated anything recently? when I last played there where very few players online and even less servers (like empires is currently, 3 servers :S )

Soldato
OP
VeNT said:
they updated anything recently? when I last played there where very few players online and even less servers (like empires is currently, 3 servers :S )

very few servers, but the one im on now seems good. ping of 19 etc.

Came across a good hidden player now tho, he is totally owning us. killing us by throwing furnature at us hahaha

Soldato
Hedge said:
very few servers, but the one im on now seems good. ping of 19 etc.

Came across a good hidden player now tho, he is totally owning us. killing us by throwing furnature at us hahaha
lol nice, gonna have to get me some of that!

Back
Top Bottom