Firefly

Soldato
Might be of interest to some of the gamers. Probably going to be rubbish but you never know.
E.H.

Like Capt. Mal Reynolds stumbling in after a bar fight, the short-lived but much beloved sci-fi series Firefly will soon make an unexpected return, not as a TV show, but as a massively multiplayer online game.

Now that's shiny.

Multiverse, maker of a free MMO-creation platform, plans to announce Friday morning that it's struck a deal with Fox Licensing to turn the show into an MMORPG in the fashion of Star Wars Galaxies or Eve Online.

http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,72263-0.html

Associate
This could be pretty interesting, it should make a nice change from WOW and all the other fantasy games and the universe does have a cult following so should pick up a bunch of users as soon as it launches. Then again star wars galaxies had these things going for it and didn’t really work out

Soldato
Helium_Junkie said:
I dont see it working, there are plenty of awful MMO's out there. Its got some serious competition to break through.
Now, another series/film...

I agree, I think a Firefly MMORPG will be accused of being an EVE Online copy due to the same themes in the games. Also I don't see PvP being much of interest unless they allow players to go Alliance military.

Soldato
Certainly a great universe for a sci-fi mmorpg. Like most new mmorpgs these days though, it's safe to assume it'll never see the light of day until it's actually launched.

Spend the money on another series :(

Caporegime
Sleepery said:
Certainly a great universe for a sci-fi mmorpg. Like most new mmorpgs these days though, it's safe to assume it'll never see the light of day until it's actually launched.

Isn't that safe to assume for every single game ever? :p

Sleepery said:
Spend the money on another series :(

Agree.

Soldato
Sleepery said:
it's safe to assume it'll never see the light of day until it's actually launched.

Deserves to live amongst such greats as:

"That car is totally unique. Except for the one behind it, which is identical in every way".

and

"There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee...that says, fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me...you can't get fooled again."

:p

Soldato
I would expect "You're a captain, you can upgrade your ship and hire crew to take on dangerous missions or legal trade (carebear mode), in a huge universe" kind of game. Some kind of hideous child of Eve and that car one from not long ago.

Universal bad guys (think rats in eve): Reavers.
two playable factions, alliance and rebel scum!

Back
Top Bottom