Is the Wii worth getting or should I go for a 360??

Soldato
Well in a spate of madness (the brand spanking new and shiny effect) I decided to go out for a Wii this morning. Well unsurprisingly I couldn’t find one :eek:. I did try everywhere and, got close where I only missed out by a couple of people in the queue. Infact the hunting for one was quite good fun, I felt like I was on a GTA timed mission at times tbh.

I did have a look at the bundles and the games though and price wise in most places its pretty close to the 360 prem with a couple of games and extra controller. I think the Core works out even cheaper than a lot of the Wii bundles. This got me thinking.

Now after looking at the games and coming home and reading a few reviews, I am not so sure that it would be my cup of tea and I would probably played it, got bored and sold it in a few weeks. I also think I am a bit of an armchair gamer. :o

So for all those people with a Wii is it all that and should I keep hunting? Or should I get myself a 360 over the holiday season and possibly look at getting a Wii next year or waiting till I have played on one for a bit to see if I would like it. :D

Soldato
To be honest, your best bet is to keep reading the reviews of games on both consoles. See which interests you the most. Other important points are which consoles do you currently have and what are you favourite games at the moment.

Soldato
I wouldn't say it's either or....

They are two different consoles (I now have both) and it really depends what you want from a console etc.

As above, read reviews, then decide.

The Wii is cheaper and you can get a Wii+Sports plus a few games for the same price as a Premium xbox etc.

Soldato
OP
Andelusion said:
Are any of your friends getting one? See if you can try one out for a bit first.

Actually no, none of my family or friends are. That was another consideration, I doubt I would find anyone to play on the Wii with. :(

Soldato
CocoPops said:
The Wii is cheaper and you can get a Wii+Sports plus a few games for the same price as a Premium xbox etc.

Thats the thing, if you add in two games and an extra controller onto each, they are about the same thanks to the great value 360 bundles for £300.

Soldato
mrk1@1 said:
Actually no, none of my family or friends are. That was another consideration, I doubt I would find anyone to play on the Wii with. :(
On the contrary... I think you'll find plenty of people to play on the Wii with. My missus, sister and mother are definitely not gamers, but they're all already looking forward to Xmas day when, instead of sitting down to listen to the Queen's speech, we're gonna be having a tennis match, followed by a bit of ten pin bowling, and then a few rounds of golf to finish :D

Associate
mrk1@1 said:

For that reason alone I would suggest the 360 over the wii in this case. The wii looks like it’s going to be great fun multiplayer (in the same room) and this has been one of Nintendo’s strong points over the last few generations (with stuff like Mario party, Mario kart, golden eye, super smash bros etc.). The 360 (and PS3) look like they are going to excel in single player experiences and online multiplayer.

Soldato
If I could only have 1 console, it would have to be the 360.. best single player experience, and superb online Multiplayer..

To cover all bases, you ideally want 2 consoles, the 360 and the Wii..

Soldato
I have to agree with roboffer and Demon, if you only go for one, then I think the Wii might be a little limiting, as in, loads of party games but lacking in other areas. However, it all depends on your game preference, if you want Zelda, then there is no other option.

(Actually, thinking about it, there is, the GameCube. But you know what I meant :p)

Soldato
Caustic said:
To be honest, your best bet is to keep reading the reviews of games on both consoles. See which interests you the most. Other important points are which consoles do you currently have and what are you favourite games at the moment.
Seconded. See which one has the games you'd like to play. To be fair to the Wii, considering I have one, there's no top games beyond Zelda, so you have to really want to play the others to bother getting one.

Soldato
G0dfather said:
XBox 360, depends what sort of gamer you are really. 360 has better gfx and game play and it is more powerfull.

G0dfather

Clearly better graphics but gameplay isn't a fact. Powerful isn't paramount either, I'd say gameplay everytime.

Soldato
DailyGeek said:
Clearly better graphics but gameplay isn't a fact. Powerful isn't paramount either, I'd say gameplay everytime.

It is true, but the 360 does have the multiplayer ace up its sleve which counts as gameplay in my book, whichs evens up the sides a little.

Associate
i would go with a X360, but if you do, get the premium version its a lot better value for money than buying a core then adding extras...

Soldato
OP
Weebull said:
Seconded. See which one has the games you'd like to play. To be fair to the Wii, considering I have one, there's no top games beyond Zelda, so you have to really want to play the others to bother getting one.

I have never been a fan of Zelda tbh and I am not sure how long Wii sports would entertain me. I keep wondering if the functionality of the Wii (novelty) would wear off too quickly.

Anyway, just chatting to my mate on MSN and he was in Slough this morning and the shop where he had popped in had a few spare, he said on MSN that he had sent me a text to ask me if I wanted him to get me one, I missed his text having seen it just now..

Sic

Sic

Soldato
there's not enough games out for the Wii yet to draw a comparison. if you need something now, get a 360 as there's a more established community and bigger catalogue of games. i've got both and i love them equally. they've both got a lot to offer :)

Back
Top Bottom