HID prefered temps?

Associate
OP
yeah, i also read this a lot recently and so my choice is with 4300k, as my aim is for better light, not bl00, tho it is rather sexy lol. the difference with projectors really do look good tho, but worth the extra moneys? but imo its not worth paying for the hids if everyones going to be flashing me every 2 minutes:(

Caporegime
As said above, they won't flash you if you take the time to set them up right.

6000k is the best choice since not only do they look nice they give out a crisp non blue light on the road thats just a fraction less in intensity that the 4300k's.

Soldato
minidan said:
has anyone else looked into fetro fitting projectors? i am verry interested and really considering parting with my money for the benfits, but cant find anywhere int the uk, it looks like a already quite large but growing trade in the US tho...
there are a lot of verry detailed step by step guides with verry verry good results aswell, but i genuinly dont think i have the patience or erm guts (?) to risk sacrificing brand new 50 quid headlights...

I've certainly considered it. One benefit of having pop-up lights is that you can mod them without affecting the look of the car. :)

If I come across a pair of projectors that are cheap enough and up to the job I may have a go at replacing my standard lights with a DIY lowrise/quad light conversion - HID projectors for dipped and conventional lights for high beam. One thing I'm not sure about though is whether there is any benefit to using projectors that are designed for HID usage or whether H4 projectors with HID conversion kits will give the same overall effect. I figure H4 projectors may be easier to come by at a sensible price (might be able to blag some scrap ones from work for starters ;) )

Associate
OP
kaiowas said:
One thing I'm not sure about though is whether there is any benefit to using projectors that are designed for HID usage or whether H4 projectors with HID conversion kits will give the same overall effect. I figure H4 projectors may be easier to come by at a sensible price (might be able to blag some scrap ones from work for starters ;) )

i have thought about it and read a little more and i would be quite happy to give it a good go, just depends on how much money i have to put up for stake like, if i could find some lenses that wont cost too much to buy and so on, only one place i can find that sells projectors on their own tho and there expensive.. this might not be for me unfotunatly :(

Soldato
I had 6000k fitted to my old car, to be honest they were too bright since the lenses weren't set up properly and they were pretty blinding to other people. Most people with HID kits are prob in the same boat. As a plus, seeing properly on dark roads was so soooooooo much easier.

Back
Top Bottom