Oblivion?

Soldato
Absolutely amazing game - one of my favorites of all time. But at the same time horribly flawed as well.

I found that installing the OOO Mod and then just forgetting the game even levels at all works best. I played for hours and hours as a member of the DB and loved every second of it. I couldn't even tell you what level I was - I just played it as a pure role-playing game.....I "lived" in the world and didn't bother with all the stuff you usually get obsessed with in RPG games. Once I got my head in the right place I fell in love with it.

A flawed masterpiece, if ever there was one.

Soldato
Cyber-Mav said:
which mods are those?

also what weapons are available in this game? machine guns? all i saw on the gamespot pics were swords and bow and arrows, they probably only took a certain number of select screenshots.

What, you're joking right? Machine guns????

/leaves thread.

Soldato
to be fair to the guy, he asked if it was an fps and people told him it was so why shouldn't he assume there might be machine guns?

It's not an FPS - that would be First Person SHOOTER.

It's a roleplaying game. yes you can play from a first person view, but you can also play dungeon keeper from a first person view.

Permabanned
Cyber-Mav said:
which mods are those?

also what weapons are available in this game? machine guns? all i saw on the gamespot pics were swords and bow and arrows, they probably only took a certain number of select screenshots.

Machine guns?! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *Breathes* AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!

Machine guns HAHAHAHAH, oh dear...

Suspended
MiGSY said:
Machine guns?! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *Breathes* AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!

Machine guns HAHAHAHAH, oh dear...

Not so silly. A wizard could summon a weapon from the future! :p

Soldato
If you like graphical niceness, I downloaded and installed a ton of mods today. OK, the game now runs quite jerkily outside (4x AA, Quality Adaptive Antialiasing) 16xAF, HDR) but with the mods it looks OOOOH so nice :D

Last edited:
Permabanned
Ahahahaha, I still can't stop laughing at the machine gun post. I swear it must be the funniest post in the history of OcUK.

Soldato
Hector said:
you can shoot from 1st person, ergo it is an fps and it is also an rpg.

that's just plain wrong.

that's like saying rome: tw is a tactical shooter, because your men can shoot, and you need some tactics.

it's just wrong wrong wrong.

Oblivion is NOT an fps.

Permabanned
Alexrose1uk said:
If you like graphical niceness, I downloaded and installed a ton of mods today. OK, the game now runs quite jerkily outside (4x AA, 16xAF, HDR) but with the mods it looks OOOOH so nice :D

2xAA 8xAf will be ok , its very demanding game i get 30-34 outside with that running 1680x1050 on a X1800xt 512mb /2gb/a64@2600mhz

Soldato
I realised it was because I was running Quality Adaptive AntiAliasing too. Turned that off, and it looks almost as good, you can bearly tell, cept its much higher fps. My res is 1280x1024. Much recommended, with these mods installed, 4xAA, 16AF, and HDR it looks the bees knees.

Soldato
Oblivion is amazing. Everyone should own it.

BTmod is essential for un-gaying the inventory screens, I think I'm going to start a fresh game with OOO on it too, it sounds very cool.

The main quest itself is short, but I had the game about three months before I even started that... and that was playing it a LOT.

Soldato
Rebelius said:
that's just plain wrong.

that's like saying rome: tw is a tactical shooter, because your men can shoot, and you need some tactics.

it's just wrong wrong wrong.

Oblivion is NOT an fps.
it's just bethesda themselves say it has an fps combat system and oddly enough, i believe it has and thats why i liked it.

Last edited:
Associate
Roduga said:
I found it too short (but I clearly missed stuff), however I really really enjoyed the 'feeling' of the game.

DanMc07 said:
too short for my likening but still a very good game.

What !?

I have now clocked up 95 hours of gameplay, and I read it has over 200 hours.

I suspect you guys followed the main quest and nothing else. I saved the town right at the beginning of the game, and I haven't done any more of it since.

Amazing game.

Last edited:
Suspended
Yup you've got to talk to people to get quests. It's not a linear storyline, where everything is shown what you need to do next. I find that boring. With Oblivion you can do dozens of side quests, and I think that's the problem. Old style RPG's were like this.

Soldato
I tried the 360 version and hated it.

The combat system felt tacky and the story line failed to get any interest out of me.

I got to the point where I went through the 1st Oblivion gate, was so bored I couldn't force myself to play any longer and quit.

Back
Top Bottom