eu coming here for free uni

Permabanned
Just met this polish girl she moved to london 3 and a half years ago, was speaking to her found out that she worked here for 3 years on and off. Then after 3 years she applied for a university course and applied for full fees from her local council, the council has given her full fees to attend a 3 year university course and the university has given her financial aid because she is an immigrant, she told me once she finishes her university course she plans to leave, her two friends are planing to do the same next year and some of her friends in poland are coming here to get the same.

Just thinking is this the new scam because i really think is very unfair to native brits, would liek your comments?

Man of Honour
crashuk said:
Just thinking is this the new scam because i really think is very unfair to native brits, would liek your comments?
Scam? No - scam implies dishonesty. I don't see any dishonesty here. Just poor choice of words though I suspect. I get your point.

New? No - been going on for years. 10? 20? 30? I don't know, but for as long as I can remember. It's definitely nothing new.

Outrageous? Sure - but it's not her fault. Most of the world's would-be immigrants know the UK is an easy and lucrative target, and while that continues they'll keep on coming here. As has already been shown, the government's words and token gestures have done next to nothing. With the EU rules on movement of people within the member states, you can expect plenty more to come.

Soldato
I know its wrong but this sort of thing breeds hate, racism if you like towards foreigners even though its the governments fault.

Im not working at the moment and was the doctors the other day and saw this....

A note saying free language lessons for the unemployed so i thought great ! Learn something.

i went and had a closer look and it said for asylum seekers and refugees only!

This thing comes and goes from times to time on forums but the end result is the same, its the governments fault not the immigrants/foreigners etc.

I agree its very very unfair that other people born and bred here have to pay there way and everything, this is where the anger comes from and it emerges from deep inside people from time to time.

Dont even get me started on the building trade

Associate
Never heard of anything like this before. All the non-UK people I know at uni have to pay fees :confused: i would have thought that with the new fees system it would have been difficult to get away with as everyone has to pay fees

Soldato
Noticed the same thing up here in Sheffield.

Looking around for a CCNA course, and found one for £350, unless you are an immigrant or on benefits then it's £15 :mad:

Link

Last edited:
Suspended
wordy said:
Noticed the same thing up here in Sheffield.

Looking around for a CCNA course, and found one for £350, unless you are an immigrant or on benefits then it's £15 :mad:

Link

Would you not like those 'on benefits' or 'immigrating' to get a decent job on the back of that education?

The LEA payed all my fees and I'm 'British born and bread :mad: ! ' like the rest of you.

Soldato
So let's get this straight… immigrants who come here and don't get an education and a job are scroungers; immigrants who come here and get an education/job are scammers. I see.

Soldato
robmiller said:
So let's get this straight… immigrants who come here and don't get an education and a job are scroungers; immigrants who come here and get an education/job are scammers. I see.

Especially as English students have to pay fees (thanks to Scottish MPs). :D :p

Man of Honour
jamoor said:
Can't we go to Poland for cheap/free education?
MWHUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Of course we ******* can't.

The easliest way of solving the problem is to vote in UKIP government. The sooner WE leave the sooner THEY can all **** off back to whatever former commie **** hole they came from. :mad:

Soldato
Chronos-X said:
Would you not like those 'on benefits' or 'immigrating' to get a decent job on the back of that education?

The LEA payed all my fees and I'm 'British born and bread :mad: ! ' like the rest of you.

I'd like everyone to pay the same amount, and don't see why they shouldn't. If I can't afford something right away guess I do....I save up for it.

In this case with immgrants getting the course for peanuts, we are paying immigrants to get qualified for jobs that people like me would like to do. And I don't really think thats right or fair

Soldato
AJUK said:
MWHUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Of course we ******* can't.

The easliest way of solving the problem is to vote in UKIP government. The sooner WE leave the sooner THEY can all **** off back to whatever former commie **** hole they came from. :mad:
Really?
I thought EU residents were entitiled to cheap or whatever education anywhere in the EU.

Soldato
Also I'm 99% certain that EU students pay the same fees as UK students and international students from outside the EU pay vastly more :confused:

Perhaps the case in the OP was an isolated one but I'm certain that the above is true in normal cases.

Soldato
jamoor said:
Really?
I thought EU residents were entitiled to cheap or whatever education anywhere in the EU.

AFAIK if you go to study in an EU country you pay the same as if you were from that country. That's true of here and of Ireland but I'm not sure about other places—I can't seem to find anything online.

Back
Top Bottom