Test Drive unlimited Beta sign up live ...

Soldato
no damage to your own car. Would be interesting if there was, but it would make the game rather expensive - having to do repairs etc.

In the car delivery mode however, you get less money if you 'damage' your car by hitting other cars or driving off road.

Soldato
Surprised to see you PC guys like this, didn't think that would be the case.

Still ranks as my favourite game on the 360 :)

Associate
Just signed up for this at dinnertime, only an hour before its downloaded :) but 4 hours till I can go home and play it :(

I hope its as good as it looks.

Soldato
Wow the pc is finally getting this excellent game.

I won't be bothering as I had it on the 360 but it really is worth a look.

Sort of GTA (with no shooting) meets Any decent racing game.

I am quite suprised to hear the graphics havn't been improved. They really must have done a good job on the 360 version to get it to run as it does. (It was smooth around 95% of the time on the 360 version)

Associate
Wow...completely forgot about this game and gave a heads up a couple of months ago for it!

Got a 2GB limit on my ISP, so is it worth paying the extra (or seeing if i can sneak it through) or wait until Jan for the demo?

Soldato
Ive played the 360 version which looks pretty good but it looks far better on the pc mainly as you can have high af and high aa, helps i guess being on a 8800 series with its excellent image quality.

I doubt its a game i will play for weeks on end am already starting to get a bit bored of the same thing over and over, but in terms of a racing game its pretty good, i guess you would say a typical console style racing game.

Last edited:
Soldato
Zogger said:
You have to bind the axes yourself. When binding hold the stick for a couple of seconds till the text changes. :) (don't have an x360 controller but this is how it is for mine)`

Oh mate you are a star it worked. Absolutely love this game now. IS it online then or not can't seem to find any real people.

Soldato
OP
With HDR
TestDriveUnlimited1.jpg

Without HDR

TestDriveUnlimited2.jpg

i certainly prefer having full 4* AA

Last edited:
Soldato
yeh I wasn't a huge fan of the hdr.. it gets too dark in places and makes a big difference to framerate...

Another thing that's good about TDU - it's multi-threaded for dual core compatibility

Soldato
eekfek said:
With HDR
TestDriveUnlimited1.jpg

Without HDR

TestDriveUnlimited2.jpg

i certainly prefer having full 4* AA

After seeing that think ill be dumping hdr as said i think it looks far better in the bottom pic.

Edit:
Doesn't look as good in game without hdr

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom