BFG 680i Spotted on OcUK

Soldato
OP
andyr said:
looks a bit like the Evga one to me

They're all the same aren't they? I bought the EVGA because it was going cheap in a bundle, but I reckon the January releases from Abit, Biostar and ASUS will be the ones to have eventually. The Abit in particular looks to have the best cooling.

Soldato
Last time I checked, awhile ago now. ECS motherboard warranties were 3 years, same as BFG, they must have changed it or I got my wires crossed. Anyway, not that I've ever kept a MB or graphics card for even a year. For me its worth remembering that the one year retail and the manufacturers extended warranties are mostly non transferable. So that doesn't help second hand resale much if you're honest. Btw, you probably know this, but ECS have a UK support forum on a site I can't link to from here.

Last edited:
Soldato
I dont think you can pass on the 10 year warranty correct, if selling on? Also I wonder how many people would take advantage of 10 year warranty on a motherboard, maybe if your planning on passing the mobo down to another family member - in 10 years would still be great as a webbrowsing mobo & playing old games which are now present.

For the average person who upgrades their PC every 2 years like me, the 10 year guarantee is a complete waste of time & money, I would rather pay a much less premium say 2 year guarantee.

Soldato
Nelly said:
I dont think you can pass on the 10 year warranty correct, if selling on? Also I wonder how many people would take advantage of 10 year warranty on a motherboard, maybe if your planning on passing the mobo down to another family member - in 10 years would still be great as a webbrowsing mobo & playing old games which are now present.

For the average person who upgrades their PC every 2 years like me, the 10 year guarantee is a complete waste of time & money, I would rather pay a much less premium say 2 year guarantee.
Its 10 yrs on the EVGA and 3 on the BFG. And your right it can't be passed on. Saying "original receipt included" with a second hand sale means just about nothing. Its good to have for proof of purchase and a value if stolen. Unless it says transferable in the company T&C's, the warranty applies to the original buyer. Some devices like hard drives and some memory guarantees the product by serial number.

Soldato
WJA96 said:
Yes, but if you're only passing it on in the family then the original buyer can always make the claim.
Indeed because you will have contact with them still, thus if you still have proof of purchase the original family member can claim, same for mates etc.

Back
Top Bottom